Compulab Airtop 3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
What’s the good and and bad ? Has anybody seen it used them ?

Airtop3

it’s fanless, e-2288g, 128gb ECC is ok (more would be better but that’s not happening) Can have 4 x sata 2.5” and 2 x 2280 NVMe and additional 3 x 30110 NVMe also.

It feels expensive even if it probably is not a bad deal, a BTO with the above config is $2615 !! Having said that it’s got 5yr warranty and it’s low power and fanless and high frequency CPU with 8 cores.

I keep wondering if I would replace my Xeon-D system with this as my always on system (did I mention the airtop is fanless and probably lower power) but it lacks IPMI.

if only I could make a A2sdi-8c fanless that meets the low power requirement and just do everything needing load of power on a test system I anyway only power up when needed...

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
I've always loved the design but never been able to justify the price, a few noctuas and a good heatsink has let me make "quiet" pc's without going fanless easily enough. My experience with other fanless desktops(none as high end as the airtop3 however) is that they don't perform as well as their counterparts for sustained loads since they hit a "thermal soak" unless there's sufficient air moving through the space they're in. You might not be able to make the A2sdi-8c fanless but making it quiet is certainly possible.