Ubiquiti USW Leaf

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Big switch for ubiquity. Looks like a beast. Also looks loud with those 6 fans in the back. Will be very interested to see your review.

Reactions: Patrick

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@PigLover I am also interested to see how it does. I spent a bit too much on switches today. It is about time for a FS thread.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
So:
  • Actually quieter than you would think. Not quiet enough to be in the room with you, but an equipment closet is probably OK.
  • 55W Nephos Taurus 1.8T switch chip
  • They tried doing consumer-ish level packaging. It looks nice when you unbox, but it took way too long to get it setup
  • We have tried 2x UniFi setups, still have not seen it connect, even manually ssh'ing in and trying to inform that way. Bluetooth via the app is a mystery
  • We ended up just using the CLI which is okay. UniFi - USW-Leaf CLI Command Comparison
At $5000, this would be easy to skip. For a lot of users, 2nd hand ebay switches are going to be a better value.

At $2000, it is a good competition for ebay switches at the same price. We will have what I am going to call a "not review" overview this week.