EVOO Gaming Laptop 15" FHD 144Hz Display, 9th Gen i7-9750H, Nvidia GTX 1650, 256GB SSD, 16GB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

msg7086

May 2, 2017
Not much of a point to buy a "cheap" workstation. You buy workstation grade hardware because it would have a good hardware, and this doesn't have. Better grab a Ryzen with ECC memory and SSD, which would still be at similar price point but more powerful.

Thanks for your contributing though, and welcome to STH forum.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Might not be a bad vm machine with a better cpu as it's got some decent upgradability that would be cheap since it's older tech. Not sure about the price point though.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
seems a little overpriced, considering you would likely immediately replace the CPUs and/or hard drives.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
So to sum it up, @wildturtle95
  • created an account just to post this questionable deal
  • did not provide any explanation as to why he thought it was a good deal
  • did not disclose that the item is not new
  • did not disclose that the item is being sold not by Newegg (reputable seller) but rather by a 3rd party via Newegg Marketplace
  • did not participate in the discussion since the original post

Does anyone still believe that @wildturtle95 is an unrelated party (to the seller)?

I am all for giving the benefit of the doubt yadda yadda yadda but my buddy Occam disagrees.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
I do believe you. Welcome to STH.

But me believing that you are not related to the seller does not make the deal you posted any better.
I still have 2 TD340 sytems myself (decommissioned long time ago) which I bought directly from Lenovo in 2015 - when they slashed the price almost 50% less than 12 months after its initial release. I paid $250 + tax for each system shipped.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
why oh why did you edit the title and content of the original post to be the gaming laptop instead of the TD340 server?

that makes every one of our responses look like we are crazy people.

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
*looks at previous comments and thread title*

What is going on here !!??

wildturtle95

Jan 20, 2020
why oh why did you edit the title and content of the original post to be the gaming laptop instead of the TD340 server?

that makes every one of our responses look like we are crazy people.
because it was a crappy deal and I didn't know how to remove it, and instead of wasting peoples time i found that deal, which I put research into and not the first thing that popped up.