Question for Californians

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
STH is probably my best hope since this site is mostly aimed at the USA crowd:

How would one acquire a vanity license plate outside CA/the USA? Doesn't need to be registered to a car, I just want it as a vanity plate itself. Preferably also a 1960s one, but I bet that's going to be really hard.

Here's a pic of my Vulcar Ingot (Rstein's Ingot no less!) in GTA V so you'll have a idea of what i'm talking about:

Last edited:

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Reactions: Wasmachineman_NL

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
California Replica State License Plate for Bikes, Bicycles, ATVs, Cart, Walkers, Motorcycles, Wagons and Vehicles

6x12" is the standard size for passenger cars. Seems at least from that vendor, the text is flat printed instead of embossed (the latter being the norm in most states). You might find somewhere that offers embossing, but it will be a lot more expensive I imagine. The historic one will probably be hard to find.
Would have been nice if I could find a embossed plate, but eh we'll see.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Would have been nice if I could find a embossed plate, but eh we'll see.
With a bit of searching, I'm sure you'll be able to find embossed ones too. Most of the companies likely only ship to the US, but aluminium license plates are light, so it shouldn't be too expensive to use a freight forwarder.

Reactions: Wasmachineman_NL

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
With a bit of searching, I'm sure you'll be able to find embossed ones too. Most of the companies likely only ship to the US, but aluminium license plates are light, so it shouldn't be too expensive to use a freight forwarder.
Found a dude in France who makes USA/Cali plates apparently, cool: rebelcar.fr

Going to mail him with that pic of Rstein and ask if he can recreate that license plate.

Reactions: Alfa147x

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Sounds even easier for you then being in the EU. The top left and right bits are stickers by the way. Should be easy to reproduce too.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Got a reply:
Rebelcar said:
We can of course reproduce exactly the same for you, in embossed aluminum naturally!

I will send you the price when I come to work.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
And ordered. Can't believe i'll have Rstein's license plate in real life soon!

Now, if only I could find the €25k for a nice 850 T-5R..

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
mooi, inlijsten en boven je bed hangen -:):p:p:p

hang at the wall above your head in your bedroom ;););)
Meh, going to place it on my bookshelf. I should get a 850 T-5R scale model to put beside it, lol.

Last edited: