FS: Supermicro X10DDW-iN Dual 2011-3 Motherboard with NVMe

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
I have way too much stuff, so help me make room for the next set of projects. I'm in Phoenix and up for meeting anyone local. Will also ship internationally (everything fits in a USPS flat rate box, so the cost will be the same no matter where you live). Feedback: Trader Reviews for Blue Fox | HeatWare.com

I will entertain trades, though currently I could use a Microsoft Surface Go and M4/3 photography gear (mainly lenses).

$99 - Supermicro X10DDW-iN - No cosmetic defects here, but there appears to be no sign of the 4th NVMe port on the motherboard. It's like it was never there to begin with. I don't see why you couldn't just order the connector from Digikey and add it yourself or just be content with 3 ports. 2U heatsinks included if desired.

$45 each shipped - All sold - Intel DC S4600 240GB. Most of these only have ~1TB in writes. Still under warranty for many years.

$469 shipped - Sold - Supermicro 5019A-FTN4. This is the 8-core C3758 model with front IO on the chassis. RAM not included (pulled after taking the photo), but I still have some on hand if you want some.

$349 shipped - Sold - Supermicro 5018A-TN7B + 8GB RAM (ECC) - Has an 8 core C2758 with rear IO on the chassis. This has 7 NICs, 6 of which have bypass capability. Also includes an mSATA Intel SLC SSD, which I think still has pfSense installed on it (not pictured).

$279 - Sold - Supermicro X10DRH-iT + 825TQ chassis - Dual 2011-3 with 10GbE. Heatsinks and rails included.

$110 each - All sold - WD Red 8TB WD80EFAX drives. Upgraded my Synology to 12TB drives.

$659 - Sold - HPE MicroServer Gen10. This is the top end model with the X3421 CPU. RAM has been upgraded to 2 x 16GB ECC UDIMMs. Has an Intel DC S3500 480GB SSD for boot and 2 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar hard drives (under warranty through 2022). I will be willing to sell the 8TB drives separately.

$799 - Sold - Supermicro 6029U-E1CR4. This is a 2U dual 3647 barebone that's part of Supermicro's Ultra line. 12 hot-swap bays in the front through the SAS3 expander backplane, with 4 of them supporting NVMe. Has AOC-S3108L-H8iR HBA + CacheVault (Supercap). The chassis supports 2 dual-slot GPUs + 4 more expansion cards. I have a few CPUs I could include if desired. Rails included.

$779 - Sold - HGST Ultrastar SN200 7.68TB NVMe SSD. Thought I would use this, but didn't. Essentially new with less than 24 power on hours and ~250GB in writes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
What M4/3 are you using? GH5? BMPCC4K?
Still on my GX8 (spouse has a GX85). Considered the GH5 a couple years ago, but I seldom shoot video and prefer the smaller size for travel (generally use my 15mm f/1.7, which is also light). Have one yourself?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Still on my GX8 (spouse has a GX85). Considered the GH5 a couple years ago, but I seldom shoot video and prefer the smaller size for travel (generally use my 15mm f/1.7, which is also light). Have one yourself?
I was on the BMPCC4K train this summer. Now I have switched with 2x GH5's, a S1, and a S1R. Here is a shot of three of the four (the fourth is in its video rig):
Patrick J Kennedy on Twitter

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
I was on the BMPCC4K train this summer. Now I have switched with 2x GH5's, a S1, and a S1R. Here is a shot of three of the four (the fourth is in its video rig):
Patrick J Kennedy on Twitter
Didn't want to keep bumping this with responses. That's quite the setup. What lenses are you using with the S1R? Anything that swayed you to go with that over Sony? I thought I lugged around a lot as I had 2 Panasonic bodies, Nikon MILC with underwater housing/flash, and drone on my last trip.

Sold a couple things and dropped prices as well.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
CrystalDiskInfo, SMART data from the disks (power on hours, head parks, max temperature etc.)

Would love 8 but I'm sure shipping to AU would kill it.
Ah, gotcha. Well, here's one. The rest are pretty much identical. Shipping to Australia should be $100ish for 8 drives, so, not that terrible.