Supermicro 2011R3 10GB onboard - $144

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
There were like 3 or 4 custom v3 SKUs that Intel made for specific customers which did support DDR3. So it is possible to make such a board. But I doubt this is one.

I do not know how exactly the -B-TW008 variant is different from the retail X10DRD-LTP (which certainly uses DDR4). All I see is some cost cutting changes - less SATA ports, single vs dual SFP+, etc.

So I think the seller is mistaken about DDR3.

Last edited:
Reactions: techtoys and Samir

cheezehead

Sep 23, 2012
Midwest, US
The board is DDR4 only. You can also get it with the chassis it was originally shipped with for a little more: HYVE ZEUS V2 1U BAREBONE SERVER W/ X10DRD-LTP-B-TW008 2x HS 1x PS NO RAM NO HDD | eBay
Thanks, kinda figured it was of similar nature. Overall pricing not bad if it's the right fit.

There were like 3 or 4 custom v3 SKUs that Intel made for specific customers which did support DDR3. So it is possible to make such a board. But I doubt this is one.

I do not know how exactly the -B-TW008 variant is different from the retail X10DRD-LTP (which certainly uses DDR4). All I see is some cost cutting changes - less SATA ports, single vs dual SFP+, etc.

So I think the seller is mistaken about DDR3.
I agree, it's a de-featured variant. Looks like from scale-out compute clusters.

Navy_BOFH

Aug 2, 2013
I am very tempted to grab a few of these for a VMware lab/home lab. Pair these with a good 10GbE switch and SAN and I should have a solid setup I think... but I am wondering if that single 10GbE interface will be a bottleneck enough...

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
These esosinc guys are great. You can also reach their sales directly and save more! I bought a supermicro 6027tr-dtrf for a very good price after talking their sales team directly but I was shipped with a different server supermicro 6027tr-htrf+ by mistake. They sent me the original equipment without any hassle and let me kept the server that was sent by mistake so I don't have to go through the hassle of returning. Yet, I need to get rid of that server since I have no space/usage.

I would strongly recommend talking their sales team. Awesome guys and amazingly low prices!

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
I bought a lot of HP gear from esisoinc over the years - and I have nothing but great things to say about them. All items arrived quickly and professionally packed which very important (and somewhat rare) for bulky and heavy stuff like servers.

But a few times when I tried to negotiate the price down a bit - they did not budge at all. So YMMV.

As for this deal I think the listing for the barebone (with chassis and PSU included) system is a better deal. I would double check if it comes with the PCIe raiser (not in any pictures) though.

Reactions: Navy_BOFH