Anyone dealing with Dbuffed?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kdub

May 20, 2019
I'm fairly new to STH. Had good experiences so far purchasing items for under $200 from a few members. For amounts this small, I'm fairly comfortable using paypal family or even Venmo. It blows my mind that there are people here sending $500+ payments in nothing but good faith. Escrow.com fee is only 0.25% more than paypal. This essentially guarantees you get the items as promised or your money back and they will fight way harder than paypal when things go sideways.

Here's a decent article touching on the differences: PayPal v. Escrow Services: Efficiency and Safety by the Numbers - Byte Technology’s Web Design Insights Blog

Reactions: Samir

altano

Sep 3, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Sort-of-hijack alert: this thread reminded me that I keep intending to get some sort of online reputation thing going. I signed up for Heatware (since that's what people always mention) but I have absolutely no idea how to use it. When I have a successful transaction with someone how do I get them to leave me a review there?

kdub

May 20, 2019
Sort-of-hijack alert: this thread reminded me that I keep intending to get some sort of online reputation thing going. I signed up for Heatware (since that's what people always mention) but I have absolutely no idea how to use it. When I have a successful transaction with someone how do I get them to leave me a review there?
Unless I'm missing something, I think the only way is to go to their heatware profile, follow the post feedback link. Once submitted they should have a pending request to submit feedback in turn.

altano

Sep 3, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Unless I'm missing something, I think the only way is to go to their heatware profile, follow the post feedback link. Once submitted they should have a pending request to submit feedback in turn.
Ah interesting, so if I want feedback from others, I should ask them to follow those instructions (by providing them with my profile link). Sound right?

EDIT: Or I suppose I could ask them for the link to their heatware profile and initiate it myself by just giving them feedback to start.

kdub

May 20, 2019
Ah interesting, so if I want feedback from others, I should ask them to follow those instructions (by providing them with my profile link). Sound right?

EDIT: Or I suppose I could ask them for the link to their heatware profile and initiate it myself by just giving them feedback to start.
Those are both viable options. You can also easily search for a profile on heatware if you have their email, heatware username, or any configured aliases which should include for instance their STH and/or ebay username. Many sellers include their heatware and ebay username in their FS post as well. /end thread jacking ;)

I've seen Joshua mentioned a few times. Can someone direct me to a resource with details about what this guy has done? Assuming these most recent allegations are true, I'm curious how he keeps getting away with this.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Reactions: kdub

kdub

May 20, 2019
Ah yes, I remember seeing posts recently over at lowendtalk about his possible involvement in december's mass deadpooling incident.

If anyone has evidence in a situation like this with dbuff or similar, I suggest taking it to the proper authorities. It might be a pain to file a report with likely no immediate outcome, but at least there's more than just a paypal dispute for later reference.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Ah yes, I remember seeing posts recently over at lowendtalk about his possible involvement in december's mass deadpooling incident.

If anyone has evidence in a situation like this with dbuff or similar, I suggest taking it to the proper authorities. It might be a pain to file a report with likely no immediate outcome, but at least there's more than just a paypal dispute for later reference.
This is definitely important as multiple police filings on such a person (assuming the real identity is available) will get serious authorities involved like the fbi, irs, etc.

Reactions: itronin and kdub

grandmasterneil

Jan 21, 2014
An update for anyone who was still interested: I got confirmation of PayPal refunding my money for the transaction. It was initially supposed to be resolved by the 5th but that turned into the 10th which turned into the 18th. It's good that it's been resolved but it was a longer process than it needed to be. I could have charged back from my credit card but wanted to make sure PayPal did whatever they needed to do to make sure that guy didn't get any money.

Thanks for the responses and everyone be safe out there.

Reactions: Samir and altano

SRussell

Oct 7, 2019
US
What I don't understand is how is this guy still walking free? Especially in Texas; it is not a state that is known to be lenient with someone who has committed multiple offenses. Does he have access to Gambino level lawyers?