Bought two of my daughters VR headsets to game...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Bought two Samsung Odyssey + VR headsets for Christmas.

Regular price $499.99 each and on sale at $229.00 each.

According to the reviews I checked out at the retail price you can get better but at the sale price its a screaming good deal.

Its a Windows Mixed Reality headset so its really easy to setup in Windows 10.

Downloaded a free Steam VR game called "The Lab".

It's geared towards showcasing VR and not really a game.

But OMG its amazing!!!:)

LOL.

I could not keep from smiling and giggling and laughing.:D

If this is just a hint of what VR gaming is I will never be able to play a non VR game ever again.....

Reactions: T_Minus

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Where'd you pick it up for the sale price? Samsung directly?

I purchased directly from Samsung.

This is one of the few pc related purchases that I was not expecting how much it really blew me away the first time I used it.

The last time this happened was in the late 90's when I bought a Voodoo 3dfx video card and went from low res software rendering in games to hardware accelerated opengl at much higher resolutions.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I feel like as soon as I buy VR within a month something way better is going to come out :(

I've been watching for the last 6mo but seems the newer stuff that was supposed to be GREAT wasn't so great ??

What made you go with this vs Oculus ?

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I feel like as soon as I buy VR within a month something way better is going to come out :(

I've been watching for the last 6mo but seems the newer stuff that was supposed to be GREAT wasn't so great ??

What made you go with this vs Oculus ?
Highly rated display and the price.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Looks like the sale is over, now back at the higher price.