innodisk satadom power cable

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
I am trying to find out if power cable is needed for innodisk branded satadom such as ML-3SE on a supermicro X10 motherboard with yellow sata port ??

I cannot find solid info online regarding this; what I do know if you get a supermicro branded superdom you can connect to the yellow sata port on x10 or newer board without power.

Have anyone here figure out where to get satadom power cable at a reasonable price ??
Looks like the current market price for this cable is around $15-20 which are ridiculous when you can buy a reasonably sized innodisk satadom for $30.

I wonder if there any shop out there that sell the connectors and I can assembly the cable my self.

Kev

Feb 16, 2015
I am looking for the exact same thing. Is it a JST connector, is it molex, amp?

azev

Jan 18, 2013
I am not sure if the connectors are JST made, but here's some detail close up of it:

7W3000000051

I cannot find a good website that would list a JST part# and picture together so I can try to pin point the connector part#.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
I read that thread and almost purchase a bunch of them just to keep them in my spare pile, however right before I click buy I noticed that the diagram shows 2pin connector on the satadom side. After further research I found that some supermicro satadom actually have 2pin and some have 3pin connector. The site charges alot for shipping so buying one cable for $0.75 just to see the real thing, and pay $10 for shipping pains me :)

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Do NOT buy from that link. The company is either fraudulent or incompetent. I ordered SATA DOM cables from them and they took my money and did nothing for months. They would not return emails, calls or tickets in their system. In the end I had to get PayPal to issue a refund.

To add to the level of sketchiness of the seller they post a BBB logo on their website, but if you look them up on the BBB they are not accredited and have been using the logo without permission. Not that I put much faith in BBB accreditation, but it speaks volumes that they would fake it.

XiTrade, Inc. | Better Business Bureau® Profile

Reactions: mmo

Kev

Feb 16, 2015
Shoot, I ordered from them previously. I think i'll need to get my money back.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
i almost order from them and luckily i never pull the trigger :)

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Ugg I suppose we are stuck with paying $15 for a simple satadom power cable :(

AndrewX192

Apr 10, 2016
I ordered from memorydepot.. never heard back. Ordered same cables from amazon for $15/ea. They work!