Anyone know where to get a deal on silicom cards?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

boe

Apr 7, 2019
I was hoping to find a deal on a silicom PE31640G4QI71-QS41 on ebay but no luck - it is a quad port 40g nic. I don't know if anyone else makes them but so far other than ordering direct from silicom for retail price, I don't know where to get one.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Honestly, I doubt you'll find a deal on a specialty card like that, but maybe you'll be able to at some point if you are patient enough.
Have you considered replacing the motherboard or something else to get extra PCIe slots? (so you can get two cheaper dual 40gbe or 100gbe NICs)?

With that all said, the manufacturer Hotlava also make quad 40gbe NIC's, note they mention that aggregate throughput is 100Gbps (less than 4x40gbps), probably limited by the PCIe 3.0 x16 slot.
I found one available for sale (1600 euros) on this website: Hotlava St.Helens 200G4Q - IPNetshop

Last edited:
Reactions: boe

boe

Apr 7, 2019
Thanks - oddly enough that is essentially the same price as the Silicom board. I'm in the US but the dollar amount is about the same.