4U ATX Backplate?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Eric_on_Fire

Dec 18, 2019
This seems like it's a dumb question, but this is my first time building in a server chassis: Is there a standard for 4U backplates? That is, can I replace the one that came with my 4U iStarUSA D-Storm D-410 chassis with one that has 60mm fan cutouts rather than random I/O cutouts? It measures approximately 315mm x 117mm. or perhaps I am using the entirely incorrect term for the part:

thinking of something like this:

Last edited:

herby

Aug 18, 2013
Unfortunately nothing universal between manufacturers. If you reach out to iStar they might make a replacement part that would work. I've found their customer service is pretty helpful.

Baring that (and more in line with my original reply) I think you'll have to mod it yourself. A 2-1/4 hole saw should work pretty well for a 60mm fan.

I know you can buy parts for Lian Li cases from a few sites including their removable motherboard trays.

Here are some results searching Performance PCs:
Search results for: 'motherboard tray'

I'd look for what you want either searching for "motherboard tray" "test bench" or "open air case"
You'll probably have to do a little modding to get exactly what you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric_on_Fire