Not Sure where to post this. Need Software for ES A16F-R1A2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DarrenA

Apr 5, 2017
New here so please forgive me if I post this in the wrong place.
I am looking for the software that works with the eonstor
ES A16F-R1A2
This is a 16 bay FC array
I have raidwatch 2.3.t.02 This works for my 8 drive array
But it just errors out with DX something

So I assume I have the wrong software for this new unit.
Anyone know what I should have and where to get it?
Thank you for looking

DarrenA

Apr 5, 2017
Any Idea where to get that? It is not listed on there site

And Thank you for the information BTW.

DarrenA

Apr 5, 2017
Thank you, I may need a bit of hand holding to be honest. The Software is a bit foreign to me. It did not install like RAIDwatch 2.3.t.02 at all. There is no raidwatch desktop icon or any "installed" program that I can see. All it installed was java web start from what I can see....
Did I miss a step?

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I know nada about these, but I think, from a quick scan of the manual, that the software is merely just a front end to the embedded firmware. I believe it's a java based GUI :)

DarrenA

Apr 5, 2017
script-small.jpg error-small.jpg OK I made some progress. Thank you for the link to a file sir.
The issue is that I am now getting a java error when trying to install the GUI manager.
The java runtime installs fine but when it switches to the installer for the raid watch program it fails with javaw not recognized as internal or external command.
I am trying to upload a photo but need to shrink it first

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
you might want to add java to your path or modify the batch file to use a fully qualified path to javaw instead

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Great when it works, but Java can be such a pain in the proverbial sometimes :D

I think @Rand__ is onto something, looks like it's a path/ environment issue :)

DarrenA

Apr 5, 2017
Thank you guys for the info. unfortunately what your talking about is not familiar to me. at least not how to do it. I understand I need to add the program into my "paths" listing, IIRC in control panel someplace... but how to do that is not something I have ever had to do.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
run a set PATH command before executing the installation;
instead of my path use the path to your java directory (with \bin, eg "c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_231\bin")
Code:
>echo %PATH%
C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows
System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\;C:\Program Files\Common
Files\ThinPrint\

>set PATH=%PATH%;mypath

>echo %PATH%
C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows
System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\;C:\Program Files\Common
Files\ThinPrint\;mypath

DarrenA

Apr 5, 2017
Well I tried. A few times. Nothing seemed to work right. I get past that initial error then there is another one ect... I just feel this is going nowhere. I am able to get into the unit with PUTTY and a serial cable so not all is lost, but I was really hoping to use the GUI to do things.

DarrenA

Apr 5, 2017
OK a bit of a update here. I was able to get the RAIDwatch 2.2.a software to install on a 32 Bit WinXP machine. BUT the controller still outputs DX not Support Application will Close when I try to connect to the GUI. This leads me to suspect "someone" has reflashed the controllers to some "unknown" Firmware maybe from another company ect... I have asked infotrend for the stock firmware but they have not responded after I was asked for another serial number as they couldn't find the one I sent them. Sorry guys it's the only one there... So out of desperation I located 2 other used controllers on EBAY and bought them. Hope that these work and have the original firmware on them.