What dual LGA2011 motherboard is this?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

llowrey

Feb 26, 2018
I bought an IBM Slicestor server off eBay and it came with a dual LGA2011 motherboard. I'm not going to use it and would like to know if it has any value. The board doesn't have any identifying marks, as far as I can tell. I don't have any CPUs to put into it so I can't boot it up but the IPMI interface works just fine. The web UI is branded IBM and doesn't identify anything about the motherboard except the bios version. The date on the bios is 2016.

MB-small.jpg

MB-big.jpg

Click on the thumbnail for a larger resolution photo.

It has a SAS controller of some sort plus, given the two heatsinks on the left, might have dual 10GbE. The right heatsink of the two is likely the BMC and the left one is likely an ethernet controller. I would be surprised if a 1GbE controller needed a heatsink but I suppose it's possible.

Anyway, is it worth trying to sell? Is there a market for such things?

Thanks!

llowrey

Feb 26, 2018
The ethernet MACs vendor ID is for CASWell. They are a Taiwanese company that apparently does make motherboards but their website lists only complete servers and appliances, not discrete motherboards.

The Chenbro datasheet for the chassis this came out of has a picture of an ASRock Rack board installed. It's a very different board but it may not be much of a stretch to conclude that this board is an ASRock Rack board. Perhaps there is a relationship between ASRock and CASWell.

pathartl

Oct 22, 2020
Reviving an old thread, but I just got one of these in and can confirm that the SKUs provided above generally match this board. At least for the basic stuff like RAM configuration, front panel headers, etc.