OmniOS 151032 stable

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Difference between 19.06 and 19.dev (12.dec.) is mainly support for the new features (encryption, special vdev, force ashift, trim), smart disk summary in menu pools, disks, maps and disk location summary with some bugfixes regarding autosnap and working ZFS HA twin cluster. A key management server is underway and will be included in Q1/20.

OS and services like iSCSI, NFS and SMB run without dependencies from napp-it. You use it to make handling easier. I use current 19.dev on my production systems too not only on dev server.

Bronko

May 13, 2016
A key management server is underway and will be included in Q1/20.
Thanks in advance...

OS and services like iSCSI, NFS and SMB run without dependencies from napp-it. You use it to make handling easier. I use current 19.dev on my production systems too not only on dev server.
For sure @gea and thanks for all. I'm using napp-it in this way for 10 years on several productive system, unfortunately no SPARC anymore.

One issue after reboot main storage (domain member) in to OmniOS 151032:

'Computer Management' Console on DC (W2k12 R2 St.) doesn't manage the server as before (naturally reduced). Got the hint not available but Console is finally open and only >System Tools >Shared Folders >Shares works as before. No more controls of >Sessions and >Open Files.

Someone can confirm that?

Last edited:

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
There is no known problem.

Have you:
- added the user that you want to use for management to the SMB group administrators (napp-it, ex root)
- SMB connected as this user from Windows
- opened Computer Management and started "connect to another server" -> OmniOS

This should give you control of shares and open files

Bronko

May 13, 2016
Everything is unchanged (beside to reboot storage in to new BE OmniOS 151032):

Storage:
SMB-Unix Idmapping
Map user/group =/=> to user/group
wingroup: Power Users@BUILTIN => unixgroup:staff
wingroup:function@BUILTIN => unixgroup:function
winuser:admin@domain.lan = unixuser:root

On DC for 'domain.lan':
User 'admin' is Member of Group 'Domain Admins' which is Member of Group 'Administrators'
(The same default membership as for normal 'Administrator', which I'm used most of the time to check file accesses on OmniOS storage; it worked without idmapping for 'Administrator' too)

Currently it doesn't work for both of them. I checked file access on storage in these way right before reboot in to 151032.

Should I try to rejoin the 'domain.lan' ?

Can't activate BE before (151030) since I have upgraded all pools...

Last edited:

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
The key is not membership in ad groups or id mappings.
Key is that the user acoount that you use to SMB connect is a member in the local OmniOS SMB group administrators (as you want to get system informations from OmniOS).

Try
When user root is only a local user on OmniOS, add root to the OmniOS SMB group administrators, then connect from Windows as root and open then Computer Management and connect to OmniOS.

Bronko

May 13, 2016
Ah, ok. I thought the connecting windows user (domain or not) must be mapped on OmniOS to local root only. In this way it worked before ...

Just configured:

members of smb-group administrators
admin@domain.lan

'Computer Management' Console managed by admin@domain.lan from DC is working again.
Thanks @gea

Last edited:

g0dM@n

Feb 12, 2022
I'm running a fresh install of r151038 and napp-it (installed a few days ago) and seeing this in console, though everything performing great. I only have one user mapping of domain admin to root.

sth

Oct 29, 2015
I'm running a fresh install of r151038 and napp-it (installed a few days ago) and seeing this in console, though everything performing great. I only have one user mapping of domain admin to root.
What is "this"??

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Any problems for user root SMB access beside the console message?

There was a discussion about, not sure if it is still an item

g0dM@n

Feb 12, 2022
Any problems for user root SMB access beside the console message?

There was a discussion about, not sure if it is still an item
As far as I can tell, everything else seems to be performing fine, so I've no idea what this is about. Should I look around for broken SIDs on my shares? I had done a huge cleanup, but you never know...

All I did was map a domain admin to the root user as seen below. I used the equals symbol as I'm not sure what the greater than symbol denotes:
1645457393695.png

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
You can only set one Windows user=root.
If you want root equivalence for several Windows users, use =>