MikroTik S+RJ10 Review Convert SFP+ to 10Gbase-T Inexpensively

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dandanio

Oct 10, 2017
Interesting!

Would those modules work with any other enterprise grade switches, like HP 2920? I have a few legacy switches that would beg to have more 10G copper uplinks and there are no SFP+ modules on the market by HP.

cheezehead

Sep 23, 2012
Midwest, US
Interesting!

Would those modules work with any other enterprise grade switches, like HP 2920? I have a few legacy switches that would beg to have more 10G copper uplinks and there are no SFP+ modules on the market by HP.
The only 10GB for the 2920 is the 2-port rear module you can pickup. HPE is fairly particular on the module coding, unfortunately. If you do get it to work, let me know;) .....we've got a hundred or so of them in the field.

Anyone know if these will work in those cheap Aruba S2500 switches?
I saw on reddit the UBT based modules work. The Aruba MAS gear has been fairly liberal on the module acceptance so I wouldn't be surprised if it would work.

Last edited:

dandanio

Oct 10, 2017
The only copper 10GB for the 2920 is the 2-port rear module you can pickup. HPE is fairly particular on the module coding, unfortunately. If you do get it to work, let me know;) .....we've got a hundred or so of them in the field.
I have ordered one, after reading that it works with ConnectX-2, so I can experiment with it some more. I will let you know, it should be here next week.

Reactions: cheezehead

dandanio

Oct 10, 2017
This is unobtainium. I bought two, both returned, both ver. 1. Two different vendors, two different marketplaces! Can someone point me to a certain source of this in rev. 2.18?