LSI SAS1068E not detected

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

LSFREAKS

Oct 6, 2019
Nice information regarding RAID cards... Looking for some info or pages with regards to compatibility of RAID cards and motherboards.
Being from the tip of "Darkest Africa" where access to newer cheap PC equipment is far between :)
Recently got my hands on some 2TB SAS drive so therefore needed to get a SAS controller on the cheap (mommy would kill me if I spent thousands), a LSI 1068e based LSI SAS 3444e card which worked on the S3210SH(GA-H97 Gaming 3, GA-g31MX2S) I was using for storage (Win server 2016) which was swapped for a S1200BTS(more memory) from a local school following their server upgrade. Only to find the board had dead PCIe slots :(
Next got the current board I'm trying to get working an ASUS P8B-e/4l board with a Intel Xeon E3-1230V2, RAID controller not detected by any PCIe slot(slots work tested with GFX card). So I have 8x 2TB SAS drives and no means to run them. ASUS say the LSI card should work with the said board yet it seems not...

Any ideas

nezach

Oct 14, 2012
By not detected, do you mean OS boots and does not see the card or you are not seeing LSI MPT BIOS screen during boot? Also, are you using Win2016 on the new build as well?

LSFREAKS

Oct 6, 2019
The LSI MPT BIOS isn't detected before or after the board post as it did with the Intel server board. The card is therefore not detected by the board and doesn't appear in Device Manager in Windows on the ASUS board yet the Gigabyte boards it identified and shows up.

nezach

Oct 14, 2012
The most likely reason why you are not seeing MPT BIOS is because your new motherboard is using UEFI instead of BIOS. Also, your card is too old to support MPT UEFI so there will be no way for you to access card config during boot. That being said it should not prevent the card from being detected by Windows OS. Have you tried accessing the card from BIOS or EFI shell?

LSFREAKS

Oct 6, 2019
SASFLASH from DOS or SAS2FLASH from UEFI boot both say not LSI adapter found... ASUS board from about 2011 my normal PC from 2014
and has no issues...