SuperMicro CSE-417 72 Bay 2.5" JBOD 4U Chassis w/ ZeusRAM 8GB SSD (GONE)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SRussell

Oct 7, 2019
US
In that case, you got the case almost for free since 2 SSD already worths over $300. Is this case meant to be used as an advance disk shelve? I see it has a lot SF8088 connectors.

I have 10% ebay bucks today so wondering if this is a good toy to get :)
How do you get the coupon codes for Ebay bucks? Is it random or generated by buying activity?

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
How do you get the coupon codes for Ebay bucks? Is it random or generated by buying activity?
Ebay decides, not sure how they do that.

Did anyone get this case? All of a sudden, all 5 cases got disappeared, not sure if all sold or seller changed his mind.

patchate

Jul 3, 2016
Ebay decides, not sure how they do that.

Did anyone get this case? All of a sudden, all 5 cases got disappeared, not sure if all sold or seller changed his mind.
Seller relisted the case without the zeusram. Probably saw this thread and decided to part the ssd.

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Oh well, it was definitely good deal but I didn't want to buy another piece of huge metal just because it is a good deal. I have 6 disk shelves which I acquired within a month from local sellers, all because they were good deal. Though this would have been sick 2U server with the spares under the hood and I noticed I missed that opportunity. Nevertheless got a nice Supermicro 3U for $160 shipped, most more useful for my needs.

ewer0012

Feb 10, 2019
Yes, I picked up one and received it on Thursday. Been too busy to test the drives, but everything looks to be in decent condition. It looks like the seller accepted an offer for 5 of them. If I have some time tonight, I'll try to get the Zeus drives hooked up to check SMART data.

Reactions: Bert

josh

Oct 21, 2013
I bought one of this last month but haven't found the use for it yet :rolleyes: