Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 BIOS always start with “ROM Image is not loaded ROM Image updated denied"

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

james2019

Oct 11, 2019
I had this “ROM Image is not loaded ROM Image updated denied" error every time when I reboot the system, it would just go to BIOS setup directly after Gigabyte splash screen rather than boot from SSD where I have ubuntu installed, I had to manually "Save and Exit" the BIOS to enter the ubuntu, but next time when you reboot, it enters into BIOS directly again with this error message.
Search the internet and get most of the answers are just return/refund the motherboard or some, anyone had same experience or any enlight some clue on this?

WechatIMG3.jpeg

james2019

Oct 11, 2019
This issue has been resolved by putting a jumper on the BIOS recovery jumper 1 and 2, so far so good. The motherboard itself is superior to other on its specification, the only thing Gigabyte did really bad is the manual and user guide, really need you to do some guesswork.