FS: EdgeRouter Infinity

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

freebsdrules

Aug 16, 2017
Hi all-

Does anybody have any interest in an EdgeRouter Infinity (»www.ui.com/edgemax/edger ··· nfinity/). I'm currently looking at a downgrade in service and likely have no need for this. Has performed exceptionally and is in great condition. Currently running firmware version 2.0.6. Full disclosure it was a beta purchase.

They're currently selling for $1,850 so looking for $1,400 obo. Let me know if you have any interest!

Reactions: Samir

freebsdrules

Aug 16, 2017
So you'd like to take a $900 profit on a product you bought under an agreement not to resell?
Yes, hence the full disclosure. I bought this over 2 years ago with no intention of selling but circumstances have changed. And profit has to do with supply and demand. Perhaps I'm off price-wise though?

Reactions: nev_neo and Samir

Serverking

The quieter you are, the more you can hear...
Jan 6, 2019
@Philmatic A bit to late now, "upcoming" can mean anything. I'll be moving over to MikroTik.

Clearly UBI forgot who their customers were, you are not going to see joe blow at Bestbuy buying their shit.

Serverking

The quieter you are, the more you can hear...
Jan 6, 2019
@SRussell Yeah, its just sad. I got into their products back in 2014 with their switches, spent some $15k got everything from APs to their airfiber radios. You might remember they mostly made WISP products back in the day.

kiteboarder

May 10, 2016
They purposely removed the ability to manually set the fan speed on the 48 port switch - and then the damn thing would overheat... Tried my best to raise hell on their forums. Absolutely zero response.

I bailed about a year ago. Went with Fohdeesha's Brocades and have never looked back.

freebsdrules

Aug 16, 2017
Price drop to $1,300. Any takers? Officially switched service so this is now out of commission and ready for a good new home.

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
Price drop to $1,300. Any takers? Officially switched service so this is now out of commission and ready for a good new home.
I wonder how many STH members have faster than 1gig internet service to need a 10gig router with basic firewall features. The issue isn't the price, the issue is your potential customers' list is going to be extremely short.

freebsdrules

Aug 16, 2017
I wonder how many STH members have faster than 1gig internet service to need a 10gig router with basic firewall features. The issue isn't the price, the issue is your potential customers' list is going to be extremely short.
It's of course the intersection of price and demand. While I know the potential customer pool is relatively small, there are very few things about this forum and similar minded folks where need is the only (or even primary) driver in their purchases.

In any case, bump!