X9DRi-LN4F+ continous beeping error puzzle

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
Hope someone has cracked this before - if i boot this mobo with a Dell H700 RAID card in it then almost immediately after cards rom ouput there is a continous beep from the system (I think the mobo rather than the card but not sure) - the system is locked (soft because I can switch it off by pressing the power key as opposed to holding it down) The manual calls this out as overheating but..

if that card is not in the system the board POSTs fine. Other cards work fine. Any ideas. The really annoying thing is that I only want it in there temporarily until I can migrate from the disks its managing. Arrghhh

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
probably SMBus conflict on the PCIe bus. Check the jumper for the SMBus on PCIe and make sure it is disabled. Another workaround is to tape the SMBus pins (B5 + B6) on the PCIe connector of the H700.

Reactions: ecosse

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
probably SMBus conflict on the PCIe bus. Check the jumper for the SMBus on PCIe and make sure it is disabled. Another workaround is to tape the SMBus pins (B5 + B6) on the PCIe connector of the H700.
Thank you - definitely along the right lines as there is a bunch of issues in the log - not sure why I didnt see those previously. Strange thing is if I disable SMBIOS via the jumpers there is still an issue - chipset unknown!

I'll try the tape trick!