POE test device

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
Has anyone seen a small POE device that doesn't require a massive wall plug? I was hoping to find something small enough to fit in my tool roll but all the injectors are either big(with ac 2 or 3 pin in) or have a big wall adapter without folding plugs(which becomes a puncture issue)

llowrey

Feb 26, 2018
I use a tester from poetexas.com. It's fairly small, passive, and outputs voltage from the PoE switch as well as amps, and watts for the load. They also sell a small detector device which might be enough if you don't need load info.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
I use a tester from poetexas.com. It's fairly small, passive, and outputs voltage from the PoE switch as well as amps, and watts for the load. They also sell a small detector device which might be enough if you don't need load info.

That's neat, although I have something like that

The problem is when setting up new devices I don't have a POE supply typically, so I'm looking for something small that would supply POE without as being big/bulky as typical injectors for testing things like cameras, not testing the switch itself... I should have made that more clear in my initial question, sorry.

Kal G

Oct 29, 2014
The problem is when setting up new devices I don't have a POE supply typically, so I'm looking for something small that would supply POE without as being big/bulky as typical injectors for testing things like cameras, not testing the switch itself... I should have made that more clear in my initial question, sorry.
Are you looking for a wall wart style? If so, IPCamPower makes two.

IPCP-MINIINJECTOR (15W 802.3af) ~$10
IPCP-MINIINJECTOR-AT (30W 802.3at) ~$15

I wouldn't recommend them for permanent installations, but they should be fine for testing purposes.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org