Memory upgrade issue for MZ31-AR0

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

james2019

Oct 11, 2019
I have been working on upgrading the memory of MZ31-AR0 but encounter a very strange issue, not sure anyone has this before, I'm new for this server motherboard so please indicate anything I state wrong.
There was only one ECC 16G memory on the motherboard slot A1.
When I login into the BMC, the memory config information correctly reflects this memory's presence status and Serials Number. Then I turn off and replace with new memory, the system cannot enter into the splash screen and BIOS screen(probably failed to detect memory), the BMC still show the old memory's presence and SN, I try to clear the CMOS and reset the motherboard, it still has such old memory information in BMC. I even unplug all memory leave the memory slot empty and BMC is still have the old memory's information, this drove me really crazy, where such information has been stored, I even try to reboot the EMS of BMC, still not working...

1.jpg

1.jpg

Attachments

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Most servers only update the inventory info on the BMC after a successful POST. If you're not getting to POST, that won't update.