EU WTB - Chenbro 80H10321516A1 back plane assembly kit

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

azee

Jan 7, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi,
i am looking for a back plane assembly kit for Chenbro 80H10321516A1.

i have have the back plane but i am missing the steel support that connect with back plane.

this is for Chenbro RM41416B, the back plane assembly kit, it came with was for 3Gbps, and i bought 80H10321516A1 to upgrade it to 6Gbps, but its sockets and the screw place are different, so i can't use the old one.

chenbro_backplane_assembly.PNG chenbro_backplane_assembly_2.PNG

thanks
Azee

Reactions: Samir

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
I don't have one of these chassis so I can't check, but it looks like the 3gbps backplane that the server comes with is a direct connect, non-expander backplane. If that is the case usually they connect fine at 6gbps and even 12gbps speeds as there are no active components limiting the speed. Did you test the 3gbps backplane to see what drive speeds were reported at?

In Supermicro chassis it's very common to use old TQ/A backplanes for faster speeds than the were documented for.

Reactions: Samir

azee

Jan 7, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks Aestr,

i did a test and can confirm that it goes up to 6gbps, i dont't have any 12g hdd, so can't confirm that.

on the other hand bit disappointed on myself that i wasted 150+ euros on back plane, cables and the chassis led board and now i even need to buy sff8643 to sata cables again.

G33RT

Apr 20, 2022
I'm also searching for the same Chenbro Backplane Assembly.
Did you ever found these Backplane Assembly brackets, if yes can you tell me please ?

azee

Jan 7, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
no, but good thing with Chenbro backplane are, that they are just passthrough, so if your hba is 6g sata or 12g sas, backplane will pass it to the system. i had 12g sas ssd and truenas picked them without any issue.
you only need the right cables Mini SAS SFF-8087 to D SFF-8643 cables.

G33RT

Apr 20, 2022
No that is not what I mean.
I quote your text:
i have have the back plane but i am missing the steel support that connect with back plane.
I'm searching for these two 2U high metal plates where the backplanes are screwed on to.
SAS-SATA 4U Backplane Assembly Set (two 2U Backplane Assembly Sets).PNG

azee

Jan 7, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I understand you but No, i couldn't find those support plates.
but some one recommend me to build myself from Aluminum plates. at the end i didn't build it but it was doable.

G33RT

Apr 20, 2022
Thats a nice idea about those aluminium plates !
I think I'm gonna considder that and thinker about it.

Reactions: azee