FS: Supermicro 2028U-TN24R4T+ 2U 24 x NVMe Hot-Swap with dual 20-core E5 v4s

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
USPS money orders or Google Wallet preferred as PayPal fees add up. Will also entertain trades since I like new toys and rotate through hardware regularly. I think my reputation should help: Heatware

Supermicro unfortunately does not sell any NVMe capable systems as barebones so far as I'm aware, so you have to purchase them with CPUs, RAM, and disks, at retail prices.

The 2028U-TN24R4T+ is in my opinion the top of the line 2011-3 NVMe system. You get 24 x hot-swap NVMe up front (4 of which can be used as SAS instead), 2 SATA at the back (with tool-less trays), GPU capability with an inexpensive power cable, 4 x 10GBe, and more.

Also included are 2 x 20-core Xeon E5 v4s (retail, not ES). No RAM/disks, so you would need to add those yourself. There is some expected cosmetic wear, but otherwise everything is in great shape. Note the photos are a bit old since I sold a couple of these last year.

Looking for $3499 each. I have a matching pair available. Both sold

Last edited:

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
From the rear picture, it looks like the chassis has been buckled near the power supply. Is this a real bend or a distortion in the picture?

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
From the rear picture, it looks like the chassis has been buckled near the power supply. Is this a real bend or a distortion in the picture?
It's the photo. There's no damage back there and everything is straight. Here's a photo I just took a few minutes ago with the power supplies out. Note there's still a bit of distortion from my phone.

Reactions: mmo and Samir