*SOLD* Thanks

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jdd561

Apr 11, 2016
So I'm (trying) to sell off my beloved FreeNAS rig. Spent a lot of time collecting parts and dreaming about getting it up and running (which it does wonderfully!) - only to realize I already have too many computers!

My loss is your gain - a truly unique file server capable of MUCH more with most of the hard work already done!

First off - awesome 8-bay U-NAS 810A case. Looks great! Holds 8 3.5" HDD (hot swap capable), and up to a uATX MB. I've replaced all the stock fans with quiet Noctuas. Tight fit makes it a challenge to work in, but once you get it together, you have a very nice looking unit. Don't think they even sell these anymore. I've had 8x 8TB drives running for months at a time never getting about 30 degrees. Two large 120MM fans keep air moving throughout the drive bays.

PSU for the thing is a 350 watt Seasonic SS-350M1U flex PSU. Its quiet and powerful enough to run 8 3.5" spinners plus a powerful system without breaking as sweat.

ASUS P11C-M/4L uATX server motherboard - including the elusive IPMI chip. Two top-side NVME slots give easy access and help cut down on clutter.

Intel 8350K i3 - rare i3 supporting ECC RAM. Very fast processor for storage server duties; stays nice and cool in a tight fit chassis (almost always under 65 degrees in daily use). Low profile Noctua cooler keeps the CPU cool and quiet in a tight space. Worked perfectly for me running FreeNAS and serving my Plex collection - transcodes well.

16GB Crucial DDR4 ECC RAM (2666). What can I say? Picked specifically for this build, works like a champ. Recognized and used as ECC without trouble by both the MB and CPU.

256GB NVME HP EX920 M.2 drive. No cables, no fuss, no muss. Just works.
240GB Intel 730 SSD

LSI 8i SAS II controller. Flashed to IT mode. Runs all 8 drive bays for the case off two SAS ports. Rock solid and supported by FreeNAS.

If you've made it this far, you know this is a turnkey server. Install your OS of choice and you are good to go! Feed it HDD's or SSD's (drive trays have mounting holes for either) and you are off and running. Sits quietly in a corner or under a desk and just does its thing. With IPMI you never really have to physically touch it after plugging it all in.

Not interested in breaking it up, and have no idea what shipping costs will be - even without HDDs it is fairly heavy.

For pricing I'll start with $625 plus shipping. Open to offers.

Feel free to reach out with questions - and I'll try to get some pictures up!

Thanks for reading!

Link to photos of server: 810A - Google Drive

Last edited:
Reactions: croakz

jdd561

Apr 11, 2016
In preparing the server for sale, I noticed I omitted one of the drives. The server has a 250GB Intel SSD installed in ADDITION to the HP NVME drive. Both driven off the MB chipset, so all 8 LSI ports are available for the removable bays!

Reactions: Samir