IBM V7000 server, both hard disk corruptions occurred

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tickety-boo

Sep 8, 2019
I need some advice . IBM V7000 server, a hard disk is damaged and offline, the hard disk was replaced, and both hard disk corruptions occurred during the synchronization of data, making the entire MDISK invalid.

vanfawx

Jan 4, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Hey, have you gotten IBM support involved? That would be my first call for an issue with your V7000 SAN. Is this a gen1 or 2? What was the configuration of the mdisk? raid5? how many disks? Do you have backups? What have you done so far to try and recover?

AbdulQadir Ali

Sep 25, 2019
I need some advice . IBM V7000 server, a hard disk is damaged and offline, the hard disk was replaced, and both hard disk corruptions occurred during the synchronization of data, making the entire MDISK invalid.
Hi Tickety-boo, I apologize for the late reply and also for what you experienced. An offline drive shouldn't have caused corruption but it sounds like maybe you are running on raid5? It would be best if you can create a PMR and have IBM Support take a look at it to see why the v7000 behaved the way it did. We can also do a healthcheck for you to see if there are any other lingering issues on your v7000.

You can choose to create a PMR online or by calling 1-800-IBM-SERV. To create a PMR online, please follow the link below:

Service requests and PMRs

Tickety-boo

Sep 8, 2019
Hi Tickety-boo, I apologize for the late reply and also for what you experienced. An offline drive shouldn't have caused corruption but it sounds like maybe you are running on raid5? It would be best if you can create a PMR and have IBM Support take a look at it to see why the v7000 behaved the way it did. We can also do a healthcheck for you to see if there are any other lingering issues on your v7000.

You can choose to create a PMR online or by calling 1-800-IBM-SERV. To create a PMR online, please follow the link below:

Service requests and PMRs
Thank you very much for your advice. In the end, we found a company to solve the problem, and the technical personnel of IBM could not help it.

If you need, I can find a solution and send it to you.

Thanks again!