Supermicro 5019S-ML $131.99 + Shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

posternutbag

Jan 2, 2019
CDW Outlet

Looks like FIRSTCASH maybe ordered too many or went a different route. Anyways, looks fun if you're bored and have the extra parts.

Samir would know best, but I think this is the last drop on these as they've been up for a while now. I figured I'd spare him the abuse this time around.

Magnet

Jan 25, 2018
North Florida
Get a CPU from this deal:

Dell is still running Doorbuster Deal on PowerEdge T30 server with the coupon DBLDT30. Price reduced to $299 from the original $609.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
CDW won't sell it to me via online, I tried to order online, it require me to call in to their rep.

How much is shipping roughly to CA?

AlphaG

Jun 8, 2017
I managed to place an order but no.confirmation and no charge on my card. Last time this happened with CDW I had to inquire about the order a week or two later. They just said “sorry that item is no longer available”.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Since CDW won't let me order online.

I went different route.

$125 + $13 shipping for this HP 800 G2 system , I7 and RAM included

USED - HP EliteDesk 800 G2 - Intel i7-6700 3.40GHz - 16GB DDR4 - NO HDD - No OS
*** The system will power up consistently and display BIOS and diagnostic screens without errors ***

This desktop is in excellent used condition, it does show signs of normal use.
There are only a small number of light scuffs on the bottom and on the top cover. *** See Photos ***

There is no HDD included.

There is 16GB of RAM included.

abq

May 23, 2015
Do you have a link? ...I searched and found nothing. Thx :)
Since CDW won't let me order online.

I went different route.

$125 + $13 shipping for this HP 800 G2 system , I7 and RAM included

USED - HP EliteDesk 800 G2 - Intel i7-6700 3.40GHz - 16GB DDR4 - NO HDD - No OS
*** The system will power up consistently and display BIOS and diagnostic screens without errors ***

This desktop is in excellent used condition, it does show signs of normal use.
There are only a small number of light scuffs on the bottom and on the top cover. *** See Photos ***

There is no HDD included.

There is 16GB of RAM included.

abq

May 23, 2015
@Marsh
Wow, that was a great deal on HP 800 G2 system - congrats! ...Thank You for link. Wished there were a few more;)

Himay

Apr 19, 2016
Ordered 8/30. Got confirmation 8/30. Didn't see a credit card charge yet. Just received the following email this morning.

"Unfortunately we do not have this item so I cancelled your order for you."

Is this common with CDW? Do we have to call in ahead of time to confirm the veracity of their web listings?

Himay

Apr 19, 2016
Had them listed in the CDW Depot today, and placed another order today. Thankfully that went through (just got my shipping information).

Last order, had no account created. Today, created an account to place the order. Am I crazy to think they cancelled my first order because I didn't have an account setup with them?

posternutbag

Jan 2, 2019
Sorry, guys-- I wasn't receiving any notifications about replies.

You have to think of their "Outlet" as a poorly-run ebay, where sold/ended listings are only cleared out once a day or so. I guess they choose to use their ordering system and rules from their standard website, which will let you back-order items and order drop-ships and whatnot.

If you order CDW Outlet, the item must say
Availability: In Stock
If "Availability" says anything else, there is a 99.9% chance that you will not receive the item. You will only get a cancelation notice a week or two later, if you are lucky. In Stock isn't even a guarantee that you will get it, as their site doesn't seem to update the second someone orders your item before you.

I apologize if I wasted anyone's time/hopes by not mentioning this to begin with. It happened to me a couple of times and I got all bent out of shape about it, but realized quickly that their system is the way it is, the sales reps are sales reps who probably also deal with super huge accounts and don't really care about a one-off returned item that the site is trying to dump, etc.

Reactions: Himay

tommybackeast

Jun 10, 2018
CDW Outlet

Looks like FIRSTCASH maybe ordered too many or went a different route. Anyways, looks fun if you're bored and have the extra parts.

Samir would know best, but I think this is the last drop on these as they've been up for a while now. I figured I'd spare him the abuse this time around.
Thanks for this post, bought one, now help me what used CPU to get for it on ebay :)

tommybackeast

Jun 10, 2018
Ordered an E3-1240L v5 myself (~$140): low power server is the goal with this fellow for the moment.
I spent too much $ last month on hard drives :( can you suggest a CPU for this SM in question in the $50 range? lol - I want a 1U box to try Untangle firewall on

Himay

Apr 19, 2016
I spent too much $ last month on hard drives :( can you suggest a CPU for this SM in question in the $50 range? lol - I want a 1U box to try Untangle firewall on
At that range, I'm guessing a G3900 or G3920 (edit: or any i3-6000/7000 series for that matter, but I don't know about their prices)? Should have more than enough oomph for Untangle, but only basing that on my experience with pfSense requirements.

EXTRA EDIT: Ooo; I see G4400's for under $50.

Reactions: tommybackeast

tommybackeast

Jun 10, 2018
At that range, I'm guessing a G3900 or G3920 (edit: or any i3-6000/7000 series for that matter, but I don't know about their prices)? Should have more than enough oomph for Untangle, but only basing that on my experience with pfSense requirements.

EXTRA EDIT: Ooo; I see G4400's for under $50.
sweet, shall go hit up ebay.

May I then ask how much RAM to get? 1 stick of 4GB or 2 x 4GB=8gb. How much RAM do you use on your pfsense box?