EU Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ V1.1 Dual Socket Server Board LGA2011 for 121GBP

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
It is worth repeating that rev. 1.10 does not support v2 CPU's.

Also the motherboard is EEATX, so chassis support is somewhat limited.

Reactions: Samir and einstein

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
It is worth repeating that rev. 1.10 does not support v2 CPU's.

Also the motherboard is EEATX, so chassis support is somewhat limited.
I'm sure that if you asked the vendor they would upgrade the BIOS to a newer version for you. They are a legit vendor of a lot of white box hardware.

Also, with regards to mainboard and chassis support, if you're going for 1U then your options are necessarily limited. I am currently building 1U servers and it's very difficult to find the right combinations. Whenever I find a combination that works at all, especially if it allows for an expansion slot or two (even three sometimes!) then I am happy because that's about as good as you're going to get.

I think this is a great deal.

Edit: Also, this vendor is very good. I'm not related, I'm just a happy customer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
I'm sure that if you asked the vendor they would upgrade the BIOS to a newer version for you. They are a legit vendor of a lot of white box hardware.
Unfortunately, it is not a simple issue that can be resolved via a BIOS update (apparently Supermicro provided hardware fixes referred to ECO rework or something like that), if you check the forum there are quite a few posts on the forum about this issue.

Reactions: Samir

dreamsin

Oct 31, 2018
I'm thinking that maybe I could use this in a E-ATX 4U case while mounting an SFX psu over the motherboard?
Or does the EE-ATX have the I/O located in an odd spot as well?

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
This leads naturally to my ongoing mission of finding a good 1U chassis for an ASUS 2p AMD Opteron 6200 (2x Socket G34) SSI-EEB mainboard ( KGPE-D16 | Servers & Workstations | ASUS Global ). I think the SC815 series is probably the most versatile 1U chassis line that SM make, especially for relatively powerful 1U systems.

An important issue is to ensure that the PSU is at least 750 W. Also I need 1x 24-pin ATX connector and 2x 4-pin EPS connectors exposed to the mainboard.

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
Unfortunately, it is not a simple issue that can be resolved via a BIOS update (apparently Supermicro provided hardware fixes referred to ECO rework or something like that), if you check the forum there are quite a few posts on the forum about this issue.
Awwwww, this sucks. I wonder if this is why, a lot of the time, you can only get the "first revision" CPU (of the two revisions that a BIOS allows via firmware updates). If so, it might explain why Bargain Hardware are so cheap.

Or, the more likely explanation is that this specific problem is an anomaly and that I shouldn't extrapolate from bad data.