FS: Meraki MX-65 w/3yr license - NIB and Unclaimed

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BeeTee

Aug 25, 2019
Just as the title says, one MX65 for sale. Unopened, NIB with everything including ADVANCED SECURITY 3yr license (Shipped from Cisco July of 2019).

Asking $599 shipped OBO.

Edited to reflect license type and price. I mistakenly posted the Enterprise license (which I'm keeping as I already have a FirePower appliance for security).

Last edited:

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Sorry I have one and don’t need another (but they are really nice to use I think).
Anyway you may want to mention if it’s enterprise or advanced security license for the MX, makes a big difference in price and for most people that only want the advanced security license for IDS/IPS type functions.

You can upgrade from one to the other though has to be done with Cisco or a reseller that knows and probably also knows how to charge if you know what I mean.

BeeTee

Aug 25, 2019
Sorry I have one and don’t need another (but they are really nice to use I think).
Anyway you may want to mention if it’s enterprise or advanced security license for the MX, makes a big difference in price and for most people that only want the advanced security license for IDS/IPS type functions.

You can upgrade from one to the other though has to be done with Cisco or a reseller that knows and probably also knows how to charge if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the reply. I went and checked and this one DOES have the Advanced Security license. I already have a FirePower box, so I will keep the Enterprise model and list the MX65 with the Advanced Security 3-year license. I have updated the auction to reflect this. Thanks for the heads up!!

awedio

Feb 24, 2012
fyi: Meraki licenses are NOT transferable.
Whoever buys the MX should be prepared to pony up for new licensing.

maze

Apr 27, 2013
you sure? - i'v read several times that support will transfer them if requested.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Yes and have managed it before to get license transferred and for sure not the same owner.
I guess it may depends on the support you get or how well Cisco values you as a customer but at least in my limited experience it’s possible.

All my meraki MX decides I get the code in email.

The OP says new on box so I assume unclaimed , then can’t you just add in the device and add the license to your org ??

(Sorry I realize maybe things are different in the way Cisco deals with stuff that I order so maybe my experience is not the normal one. Let’s just say I need to move a license I would just drop my dedicated account manager an email and it would get done simple as that)

awedio

Feb 24, 2012
Yes and have managed it before to get license transferred and for sure not the same owner.
I guess it may depends on the support you get or how well Cisco values you as a customer but at least in my limited experience it’s possible.

All my meraki MX decides I get the code in email.

The OP says new on box so I assume unclaimed , then can’t you just add in the device and add the license to your org ??

(Sorry I realize maybe things are different in the way Cisco deals with stuff that I order so maybe my experience is not the normal one. Let’s just say I need to move a license I would just drop my dedicated account manager an email and it would get done simple as that)
If the license has never been claimed, then yes, you could transfer it to a "new" owner.
Unclaimed just means you have removed the device from your portal.

BeeTee

Aug 25, 2019
If the license has never been claimed, then yes, you could transfer it to a "new" owner.
Unclaimed just means you have removed the device from your portal.
Interesting discussion. This has not been claimed. I split the price halfway to accommodate for the uncertainty. Feel free to make an offer if you have another price in mind.

Magnet

Jan 25, 2018
North Florida
There is some misinformation here.

If you've claimed the license & AP (which the OP hasn't), the only way to "transfer" the license is to give the owner control of the Meraki account.

If you have not claimed the code (which is this case) you should be able to claim it on your own account.