32GB PC3-14900 DDR3 LRDIMM 4x @ $150 of better

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I need some cheap 64gb lrdimms. where you got them?:)
CHEAP and 64GB don't exist! LOL.
Compared to cheap\deal 32GB they're still 4x as much or more.

$215-240\Each on eBay is what I've gotten them for.

These are DDR4 2400mhz, and I've gotten them from a couple sellers and mostly was to complete 2-sets of 64GB as I got off-numbers :D because qty left was random.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
CHEAP and 64GB don't exist! LOL.
Compared to cheap\deal 32GB they're still 4x as much or more.

$215-240\Each on eBay is what I've gotten them for.

These are DDR4 2400mhz, and I've gotten them from a couple sellers and mostly was to complete 2-sets of 64GB as I got off-numbers :D because qty left was random.
what about 64gb ddr3 lrdimm?

Jason Hirsch

Feb 12, 2018
Honest question here: I've been trying to follow the 'cheap' massive stick ram sizes with 'what motherboard' takes them. Except it's a royal PITA- if there's an easier way, I'd be really happy to know it.

Why? Ramdisk. Because.

So is the reason the ram is cheap because the mobos are expensive ? Or because there's nothing out there to use them in ?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
DDR3 is end-of-life in the corporate world. All that hardware has to go somewhere.

I am still waiting for those cheap 64gb ddr3 lrdimm.... let me know if anyone see one so i can max out the ram on my mb. i only need 16x of those. thanks ;)

then i am set to calculate pi to 200 billion digits.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Honest question here: I've been trying to follow the 'cheap' massive stick ram sizes with 'what motherboard' takes them. Except it's a royal PITA- if there's an easier way, I'd be really happy to know it.

Why? Ramdisk. Because.

So is the reason the ram is cheap because the mobos are expensive ? Or because there's nothing out there to use them in ?
So the way I always check is by doing searches on the memory itself and look at the 'memory upgrade' sites that list what machines the memory is compatible with. Then you can research an individual machine that suits your fancy.

The ram is cheap because it's primarily server ram. And the servers are actually pretty cheap for their capability. The problem is that no one typically will put a noisy server in their home, and most everyone that wants a server now needs one that's more energy efficient and more powerful. So all this hardware and its related ram is dropping in price and will finally get so cheap that people at home won't care about the noise anymore. :D Then the ram prices will bottom out and start climbing again as supply dwindles due to use, and destruction by the salvage people.

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
One of my sticks is bad I think, still narrowing it down but i'm pretty sure it was from this shipment. If anyone got a bunch of sticks off the deal and need to get rid of one let me know.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
One of my sticks is bad I think, still narrowing it down but i'm pretty sure it was from this shipment. If anyone got a bunch of sticks off the deal and need to get rid of one let me know.

That sucks. hope you will get a refund for it. maybe run benchmarks like y-cruncher and see what happen using that stick only.

I need one of these deals with 64gb lrdimm sticks ;)

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
Seller is sending me another stick as replacement. Sounds like he has some more he might put up at some point if people are looking to buy more.

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
It is interesting that memtest86 (v4.3.7) didn't appear to catch anything. But now I got an MCA error in freenas and looking back i see errors in the bios log after my testing.