Need SM mobo for 1220v3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

chaoscontrol

Aug 15, 2019
Hi, I currently have a 2 servers using the SM X11SSH-LN4F motherboard. Really happy with these and are perfect for my need.

I also have some leftover parts like a Xeon 1220v3, ram etc. in a Gigabyte consumer motherboard. Because the idle draw of this setup is very high I want to move the CPU to a comparable SM board as the X11SSH-LN4F.

Anyone have any suggestions on a (1U) board for a reasonable price for this CPU? There's so much to choose from I can't find the trees in the forest.

Thanks.

chaoscontrol

Aug 15, 2019
I love you already.

The last one looks a bit weird but I'm intrigued. Can you tell me why you mentioned this one? I see it has an M2 and (nevermind, I didn't look good enough, its a TPM header) SFP port which are pretty unique for this generation of boards(?).

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
I love you already.

The last one looks a bit weird but I'm intrigued. Can you tell me why you mentioned this one? I see it has an M2 and (nevermind, I didn't look good enough, its a TPM header) SFP port which are pretty unique for this generation of boards(?).
IPMI+ Intel 10Gb + LSI2008 for less than $50? These boards are also reliable.

n.b. You will need an older version of java to use the IPMI remote console. Also, these boards were previously $25.

They also only work with Xeons (not that it matters to your use case).

Reactions: chaoscontrol

chaoscontrol

Aug 15, 2019
IPMI+ Intel 10Gb + LSI2008 for less than $50? These boards are also reliable.

n.b. You will need an older version of java to use the IPMI remote console. Also, these boards were previously $25.

They also only work with Xeons (not that it matters to your use case).
Ok I bought one. Had some doubts about only having 1 PCIe slot but I can replace my p410 with the onboard LSI.

Thanks again. these are very cheap. :)