EXPIRED Seller auction error - dead -- Xeon Silver 4210 €276 (Lenovo 4XG7A14811 )

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

csp-guy

Jun 26, 2019
Hungary, Budapest
I would not buy. Wrong picture suggests the seller has no idea what he is doing and will be trouble with refund/returns should the item be defective (wrong picture suggests he couldn't tell if defective). Or it suggests a scam. I've been bitten before, going with the text rather than the image. Also Italy, good luck filing or even finding a fraudster in that country. We have a cat and if anything is remotely fishy about her food, she will leave it completely and will not bite. I find myself doing the same with such online deals.
I checked the address of the seller in Google maps, it is a warehouse/storage, not an office. Suspicious.

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Given the amount of stuff they are selling I'd call that perfectly fine. Means they don't have a fancy front office;)

Reactions: csp-guy

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Alright, got message from the seller - its indeed RAM. They cancelled the order.

I also got a msg from the other seller where I got one for a few percent less - "stocking error"... not sure I believe that, but also cancelled.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So the seller i got mine from (which was cancelled) has more stock. They are not to be recommended though (very bad response times to communication), and of course they also sent me RAM instead of CPUs...

However there are now more similarly priced "CPU"s available, eg on Amazon.

I'd recommend *NOT* to buy those at this time, as I think there is a major issue with the item description for this - my understanding is that at some kind of source database for EAN or ASIN numbers the description of this particular item was messed up causing wrong titles and descriptions to pop up everywhere (i.e. for all sellers using the same source database).
Still trying to confirm this with another seller who is more responsive, but their internal system did not show further info either...

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So the other seller on Amazon also sent me the wrong article despite me asking explicitly to double check... no comment.