AMD Unveils 7nm EPYC Rome Processors, up to 64 Cores and 128 Threads for $6,950

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TXAG26

Aug 2, 2016
Any word on new H12 motherboards from Supermicro?

Supermicro’s press release stated that existing H11 boards support Epyc 2/Rome 7002 CPU’s and DDR4 3200 speeds, but not PCIE 4.

Curious if/when Supermicro will release updated H12 series motherboards for the AMD 7002 series CPU’s.

Syr

Sep 10, 2017
Supermicro has several H12 servers available and some unlisted product pages for some boards, but the boards themselves aren't for sale individually yet. Judging by the release of the H11 servers and boards, it could be a couple months before we see H12 boards available at retail, but I hope it will be a bit faster this time around.

So far the only individual board I've seen listed for individual sale so far is Gigabyte's MZ32-AR0 (rev. 1.0) | Server Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global and even that one doesnt actually seem to be at any retailers yet.

Reactions: csp-guy and TXAG26

csp-guy

Jun 26, 2019
Hungary, Budapest
Supermicro has several H12 servers available and some unlisted product pages for some boards, but the boards themselves aren't for sale individually yet. Judging by the release of the H11 servers and boards, it could be a couple months before we see H12 boards available at retail, but I hope it will be a bit faster this time around.

So far the only individual board I've seen listed for individual sale so far is Gigabyte's MZ32-AR0 (rev. 1.0) | Server Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global and even that one doesnt actually seem to be at any retailers yet.
Gigabyte sounds good. :D But I do not understand the lack of dual 10GBE ports.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
I do feel like a few sku's are missing from the stack as well, a 225 or 250w single socket sku with higher clocks would have really put some added pressure on xeon W

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
I do feel like a few sku's are missing from the stack as well, a 225 or 250w single socket sku with higher clocks would have really put some added pressure on xeon W
I think there are more skus planned, limited by fab capacity, and threadripper will be taking on Xeon-W single socket unless I am mistaken.