EU Amazon UK - WD My Book 10TB 175€/£160

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

aegiap

Apr 13, 2016
What kind of drive to expect in this external enclosure ? 7200 tr or 5900/5400 tr ?

jirijanata

Mar 9, 2016
WD-100EZAZ
5400 RPM
White Label Red (Blue and Green are not made in 10 TB)
Not working with SATA Power Cable (3,3V problem). Molex to SATA is OK (only 12V and 5V).

Supermicro backplane is OK.

It’s possible to extract drive with two / three credit cards and then you can put the drive back for RMA.

Reactions: nikalai and Samir

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
You're not saying you send the empty case back for RMA?
I think you're misinterpreting him, what I think he is referring to, is that if you open the enclosure carefully (without breaking tabs or whatever) you can put the drive back in the enclosure at a later day in a state where it can be RMA'd.

The assumption being that WD or the shop will not accept RMA's when there are clear signs that the enclosure has been opened.

Reactions: anoother

jirijanata

Mar 9, 2016
RTM is right. Moreover, Amazon weighs all his goods, so something like that can't work.

It’s possible to extract drive with two / three credit cards and then you can put the drive back for RMA.

put the drive back = insert Harddrive back to enclosure.

then you can = sometimes in Future, if the Harddrive fails.

Reactions: ecosse

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
I think you're misinterpreting him, what I think he is referring to, is that if you open the enclosure carefully (without breaking tabs or whatever) you can put the drive back in the enclosure at a later day in a state where it can be RMA'd.

The assumption being that WD or the shop will not accept RMA's when there are clear signs that the enclosure has been opened.
Oh OK - that's fair enough. Just to note I've had a number of drives come from Amazon that are either empty or in one case someone has stuffed something in the enclosure to weigh the same. Not been a happy bunny!

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
RTM is right. Moreover, Amazon weighs all his goods, so something like that can't work.

put the drive back = insert Harddrive back to enclosure.

then you can = sometimes in Future, if the Harddrive fails.
It damn well can unfortunately - I got a scammy drive about 3 weeks ago :(