WD Easystore 8TB $129.99 Best Buy

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cybertron

Oct 4, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I've not been following these drives since the change to white label. What is the deal with them these days? Is there some kind of power hax you have to do on the pins? anything special that keeps them from being used outside of the external shell?

slatfats

Nov 3, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I’m a little surprised that no-one here has an enterprising young person in their house who, for say $10 per drive + reimbursed costs, would buy and on-sell these to forum members based overseas...

(note - I haven’t done the sums to work out whether this is viable or not, taking into account shipping + tax etc, or whether $10 is the ‘right’ number. Doing this for the 10TB drives might be a better proposition?)

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I’m a little surprised that no-one here has an enterprising young person in their house who, for say $10 per drive + reimbursed costs, would buy and on-sell these to forum members based overseas...

(note - I haven’t done the sums to work out whether this is viable or not, taking into account shipping + tax etc, or whether $10 is the ‘right’ number. Doing this for the 10TB drives might be a better proposition?)
Anyone interested overseas? I'll do it if the price is right. ;)

Ntfs

Aug 3, 2019
Thanks for tip. Purchased a pair. Ended up with two WD80EMAZ 256mb cache drives.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Wow. Either WD has shifted production to 8/10TB drives or just has a lot of imperfect enterprise ones that they made into these to sell off.

I wonder if B&H will ship international.