NVIDIA Quadro P2000 new for $350

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I will be all over that Colorful card if it becomes available for sale in the US. Seeing the quality difference of the Turing GPU's has me not wanting to go back to Pascal.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Just FYI I tested maxing out my GPU on transcodes this morning. Was able to get to 18. I'm sure there is some variable of original file bitrate to transcoded file bitrate that could get me to the 20 that's claimed to be possible on this card but I'm quite happy with this result. VRAM is definitely the limiting factor. GPU power usage was around 30w the whole time.

Reactions: Samir and BLinux

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Just did subsequent testing with Emby. Even better results. Emby seems to use much less VRAM so I was able to get 28 GPU transcodes (10 more than Plex). Furthermore, in Emby if you go beyond what your GPU is capable of, subsequent transcodes fall back to CPU transcoding which is fantastic. In Plex, this does not happen where any subsequent transcodes just leave the video spinning indefinitely.

Gene

Jan 27, 2016
If emby went by users and not by devices I'd use it a lot more. I actually like it a lot especially for feeding out iptv/dvr.

That's impressive it can do 18 transcodes on plex. Hmm makes me wonder what i could do to reduce my power usage levels and simplify

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
If emby went by users and not by devices I'd use it a lot more. I actually like it a lot especially for feeding out iptv/dvr.

That's impressive it can do 18 transcodes on plex. Hmm makes me wonder what i could do to reduce my power usage levels and simplify
I've already started seriously considering dropping my dual xeon e5-2680v3 setup for a single xeon setup.

ServerSemi

Jan 12, 2017
I got emby last week and yes it is way better than plex. Faster loading times and less issues transcoding stuff. Highly recommend it

Gene

Jan 27, 2016
Man my rack pulls 450 watts idle haha. Considering my electric cost per kwh thats $366 a year.

I need to go device by device and see what is pulling what. The server itself (not counting hgst 4u and hard drives) is only 80 watts so not sure it is worth downgrading unless i can run at miniscule power levels