Canada CSE-216 (x2, barebone) - CAD 90 OBO - now 140:(

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Himay

Apr 19, 2016
Does the shipping even get any cheaper than CAD$160.99 within the Canada??? Same price shipping to Toronto or Halifax, egad.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
This kind of listing is lower the price and bump up the shipping to cover the total price.

aij

May 7, 2017
Does the shipping even get any cheaper than CAD$160.99 within the Canada??? Same price shipping to Toronto or Halifax, egad.
I'm seeing CAD$289.99 shipping to Wisconsin, so looks like you save CAD $129 by keeping it within Canada.

hatchi

Nov 8, 2014
shipping in Canada is generally expensive compared to US
sometime I ship medium box not heavy for 40$ to 50$ so based on same analogy a server would cost 150$

it seems he mad shipping fixed price to all Canada and another price to all the US

usually for such offers I contact them and ask then for exact shipping price to my address and it is usually much cheaper that what you see in ebay

Himay

Apr 19, 2016
shipping in Canada is generally expensive compared to US
I get that, but CAD$160.99 seems to be pretty steep for a bare server chassis under the nebulous "Standard Shipping," IMHO. I shipped a loaded Dell Precision T3600 to the US via UPS for less than CAD$100.

hatchi

Nov 8, 2014
I get that, but CAD$160.99 seems to be pretty steep for a bare server chassis under the nebulous "Standard Shipping," IMHO. I shipped a loaded Dell Precision T3600 to the US via UPS for less than CAD$100.
That is very cheap never checked UPS for large packages as usually for small packages they are more expensive that canadapost for Canadian address

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Just contact the seller for exact shipping quotes, he was responding quite fast to my inquiries

And regarding required board - should be easy and cheap enough to replace the backpanel with something more useful?

Last edited:

lhibou

Jun 12, 2019
A little on the steep end for shipping. We sure don't get off easy in Canada. Lots of land to cover, with comparatively sparse population density :eek: Well, that's been the reasoning I figure is behind it (in ~9 years of dealing with logistics here at a small business level).

My guess is that the seller doesn't have a shipping provider with negotiated/volume rates at the moment. The price seems to be more or less in line with what straight up single-quotes would look like from Canada Post or UPS without a decent discount applied.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
From what I learned over at someone at hardforum, even if you have a nice fat discount shipping account like with UPS, ebay won't let you use your own account and you need to use the ebay one for some reason that won't have as generous discounts.