compatible transievers with HP 560FLR

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hatchi

Nov 8, 2014
Hi

I will be getting some servers soon and they are equipped with HP 560FLR 10gb NIC

I would like to know if the HP nics are forgiving in terms of transceivers or I must use HP transceivers

I am asking because I see some Cisco transceivers for really cheap on eBay and was thnking maybe I can use them on these cards

Also If you know if they are forgiving on DAC cables it will help as PlanB
Thanks

busterswt

Apr 30, 2017
In my experience, optic support is based more on the operating system and driver in use more so than the card itself.

I believe the 560FLR is an Intel 82599-based card, so you would likely not have any fuss from HP or Intel-branded optics. I have used Cisco optics in my card, but had to enable 'unsupported sfp' when loading the ixgbe module, either by kernel flag or modprobe, or something along those lines. That's assuming a Linux OS. There is probably something similar on Windows.

I have since moved to DACs from fiber, and think I've used Intel and Arista DACs without issue. Wouldn't hurt to get some that match, if you're able to.

Good luck!

Reactions: hatchi

hatchi

Nov 8, 2014
Actually early next week I will receive cables from the same guy who sold me the nics and he confirmed the DAC cables works
I will report the part number of the cables n case anyone intersted
Also I will try some old brocade cables I have

Thanks
In my experience, optic support is based more on the operating system and driver in use more so than the card itself.

I believe the 560FLR is an Intel 82599-based card, so you would likely not have any fuss from HP or Intel-branded optics. I have used Cisco optics in my card, but had to enable 'unsupported sfp' when loading the ixgbe module, either by kernel flag or modprobe, or something along those lines. That's assuming a Linux OS. There is probably something similar on Windows.

I have since moved to DACs from fiber, and think I've used Intel and Arista DACs without issue. Wouldn't hurt to get some that match, if you're able to.

Good luck!