Please help find this 5U chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JustinTeim

Jun 25, 2019
I've seen this 5U chassis on websites in Vietnam and India (and one US OEM), but a Google search on the image doesn't turn up a dealer in the US or EU (for the chassis only, not as a complete server). Can anyone help identify the manufacturer, so I can contact them directly to find a retailer ?

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
1995 called, it wants its server case back complete with that huge DVD drive haha

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Do you need exactly this chassis?
Else: Intel had some 5u/big tower chassis for the 1366 platform

Jason Hirsch

Feb 12, 2018
I've seen this 5U chassis on websites in Vietnam and India (and one US OEM), but a Google search on the image doesn't turn up a dealer in the US or EU (for the chassis only, not as a complete server). Can anyone help identify the manufacturer, so I can contact them directly to find a retailer ?

There's this:
https://cp-techusa.com/rugged-servers/light-industrial/5u/

But I've also seen this in transport cases I've worked with. The quality was ... not so good. Those bays though look as if they are/were the same style type we used in avionics, so there is that...

Anyways based on the filename it's C528 . Whatever that is. Searching google for C528 5U chassis case went to ChassisPlans, then CP-techusa.com.

And that stuff looks like what I was familiar with, so I'd look there first.

https://cp-techusa.com/commercial-applications/

JustinTeim

Jun 25, 2019
Jason, Thanks for your help, especially re quality level. The chassis is apparently made by (or at least sold by) DynapoweruUSA.com, for $400+, but the website photos are not quite the same. At this price level, a Supermicro 4U looks like a better bet.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
Sometimes I feel like I am invisible. I posted that link over 3 weeks ago.
The case in the picture is not even an ATX case.
But I am persistent. So I am going to try again.

The manufacturer of the case and its build quality do not really matter because it is not an ATX case. As in you would not be able to fit an ATX motherboard inside. This case is designed to house an IPC backplane. And because it's industrial - it is very expensive. Look for some other case to build your PC in.

Last edited:

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
What is the specific requirement around the super tall heatsink?

I've found cooling easy in a 4U with all sorts of overclocked CPU's :D

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
Also if you want a cheap but decent quality server chassis and are ok with buying used - just get an older brandname tower server or workstation.
I used to like Lenovo - the least proprietary one out of the holy trinity. You can get a TS430 barebones for about $100 shipped. If it comes with 2 hot swappable SAS2 cages - those are compatible with later models and still sell for over $50 each which makes your chassis essentially free.

JustinTeim

Jun 25, 2019
@BeTeP, Thanks for being persistent; it's easy to overlook a comment on a forum. As I replied above, the case is made by DynaPowerUSA and it does take an ATX case. However, given the comments about build quality, and the price, I will pass. Again, thank you !

JustinTeim

Jun 25, 2019
What is the specific requirement around the super tall heatsink? I've found cooling easy in a 4U with all sorts of overclocked CPU's :D
The build will be an Intel E-2276g on a SuperMicro X11SCA-W motherboard. Per Noctua, a 4U case can only take a CPU cooler that is 150mm height, and most of their better products are taller.

If you could recommend a CPU cooler under 150mm (and quiet !), please do so, and thank in advance.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
150MM is fairly large and you're not cooling a huge cpu either, Most of Noctua's low profile coolers would do it nearly silently. The NH D9L which is 3u compatible comes to mind since it's rated to handle a 9900K, honeslty your cpu isn't pulling that much heat either I've got bigger (130w) chips with smaller heatsinks

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
the case is made by DynaPowerUSA and it does take an ATX case
If you are indeed talking about the case in the picture in your original post - its optional ATX motherboard support means that you need to buy the ATX conversion kit (essentially the whole new rear panel). The IPC form factor is the base option. Look at the picture in my top post to see what I mean.

Also the PSUs go under the motherboard tray - so as far as clearance for the CPU coolers you get maybe 3U worth.

Last edited: