AVX512 and Monero mining

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

traderjay

Mar 24, 2017
Hello All the wise ones - does any of the existing miners take advantage of AVX 512? Any way I can take advantage of it?

exahash

Sep 22, 2017
Sorry if this is a necropost, but I figured I'd share... Look for Argon-based coins if you want to take advantage of AVX-512. I've been playing with nimiq on and off for 18 mos and the miner from sushipool takes advantage of the newer instruction set. Turtle recently forked to an Argon variant they're calling "chukwa" and I found the miner from MoneroOcean also uses AVX-512 (plus you get paid in XMR)

traderjay

Mar 24, 2017
Sorry if this is a necropost, but I figured I'd share... Look for Argon-based coins if you want to take advantage of AVX-512. I've been playing with nimiq on and off for 18 mos and the miner from sushipool takes advantage of the newer instruction set. Turtle recently forked to an Argon variant they're calling "chukwa" and I found the miner from MoneroOcean also uses AVX-512 (plus you get paid in XMR)
Thanks for the reply - can you please provide me with more details on this as I would love to try it out.