CSE-836 + CSE-PTJBOD-CB1

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Airbozo

Apr 13, 2016
Santa Cruz Mountains
Anyone else have access to these? I tried contacting my MidWest regional SuperMicro dealer, the one I actually bought my JBOD board from and they don't seem to know what these screws are.

Funny, most people have no clue about these. They often get tossed in the trash too. I've done some investigation as to why no one can order these and it is most likely because they come with the chassis from the manufacturer in Taiwan. There does not _seem_ to be a part number for them either. I have access to the chassis department at Supermicro, so I will see if there is a better way to get them. In the mean time, I may be able to locate some more of these. Ho many do you need?

Ryan Flagler

Aug 23, 2016
Funny, most people have no clue about these. They often get tossed in the trash too. I've done some investigation as to why no one can order these and it is most likely because they come with the chassis from the manufacturer in Taiwan. There does not _seem_ to be a part number for them either. I have access to the chassis department at Supermicro, so I will see if there is a better way to get them. In the mean time, I may be able to locate some more of these. Ho many do you need?
Yea, its slightly frustrating! I only need 4 of them. If you are able to find any I would greatly appreciate you sending them and I can shoot you any payment necessary via paypal or google wallet.

Airbozo

Apr 13, 2016
Santa Cruz Mountains
Yea, its slightly frustrating! I only need 4 of them. If you are able to find any I would greatly appreciate you sending them and I can shoot you any payment necessary via paypal or google wallet.
OK, let me see if I can dig some more up (I am sure there are a tone lurking somewhere). PM me your mailing info and I'll just put them in the mail.

freebsdrules

Aug 16, 2017
OK, let me see if I can dig some more up (I am sure there are a tone lurking somewhere). PM me your mailing info and I'll just put them in the mail.
Sorry to dig up an an old thread but I’m doing the same thing and need to get 4 of these. Anybody have some they can part with? Happy to send a few bucks your way!

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Are you looking for the CPU heatsink standoffs? All 4 of my 836TQ cases were compellent SC030's and I actually saved the CPU standoffs.

I would need to keep 8 in reserve for myself (two of my 836's that currently have motherboards are destined to become JBOD if/when my storage needs grow and I already have the power boards for them).

theoretically then I have 3 systems x2 cpus, @ 4 standoffs or about 24 of these which seems about right.

I'm on the road for the next 8 days so I won't be able to confirm until then and I'd have to yank a motherboard to actually fit the power board in there but I *can* do that if you folks are unsure...