Nvidia Tesla S2050 + Tesla K20 = problems

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

falanger

Jan 30, 2018
Good day. I bought 1 U rack Nvidia Tesla S2050 with communication cables and Nvidia P797 cards.
At first it did not start at all. When the server started, the fans were turned on for 10 seconds, then everything turned off altogether. I solved this problem - on the board I fixed a small button pressed, everything turned on, the Tesla K20 cards became visible on the server, but now the river fans do not work. They turn on at the beginning for 10 seconds and then turn off. How to make them work constantly?

Stefan2k4

May 17, 2018
What happens if you leave one M2050 card in the Tesla S2050 and have K20 cards in the other 3 slots? I don't have any experience with the s2050, but I did use some s1070s. I found similar behavior to what you are experiencing. Apparently the the S1070 and later compute servers, check for the presences of at least one M1060 or M2050 card installed in one of their 4 slots and if they find none will then attempt to power off. There's probably some way you could hack this by hard wiring the power supply pins to lock the power supply to be always on, but just leaving one of the original cards in one of the slots is the simplest solution. Of course that means you give up one slot. Interestingly, the older s870 units, don't seem to exhibit this behavior. Apparently, they don't check the cards and don't care what kind of cards are installed. They are also a bit longer and will therefore accept very long cards.

falanger

Jan 30, 2018
I do not have an M2050 and I was able to get the slots to work by blocking a button on the board. But now the front panel fans are turned off. I will try to disconnect the speed control wires leaving only the power, or cut off the fan control lines on the board and connect them to the power supply directly.

falanger

Jan 30, 2018
He could make boxing coolers and slots PCI-E 16x 2.0 work. It turned out in order to make the coolers work enough to pull out of the slot or cut and isolate the two blue wires that go to the front panel board to which the coolers are connected that are blowing the video cards.
In order for the 16x slots to work, it is necessary on the board which is located across the box to press and lock the button, or completely solder it and solder 2 wires to its place by closing the contacts. After that, expansion slots start working.
I hope it will be useful to other people besides me.

Reactions: Tha_14