EU (not a deal) Intel DC s3520 SSD 1.6TB 2.5"

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

poutnik

Apr 3, 2013
I would think that this here

HP 805383-001 804612-004 1.6TB SSD 2.5" SATA HDD *New Bulk* | eBay

is a good deal. I have ordered one, came packed in a sealed package (seems like new) and has zero power-on hours - so as advertised. The best part? It took 24h from my ordering it to being delivered to my door - from UK to the Czech Republic...

If you think this is not such a good deal (for EU), let me know. (There are better deals in the US for sure, but if I add tax and customs, this one was cheaper)

Jiri

Reactions: ecosse

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
With regards to SSD's, lately I have been finding that sometimes, purchasing new from an official vendor is actually cheaper, easier, and quicker than looking for them on Ebay. Has anybody else noticed this?

maze

Apr 27, 2013
I would think that this here

HP 805383-001 804612-004 1.6TB SSD 2.5" SATA HDD *New Bulk* | eBay

is a good deal. I have ordered one, came packed in a sealed package (seems like new) and has zero power-on hours - so as advertised. The best part? It took 24h from my ordering it to being delivered to my door - from UK to the Czech Republic...

If you think this is not such a good deal (for EU), let me know. (There are better deals in the US for sure, but if I add tax and customs, this one was cheaper)

Jiri
Anyone did a BO for these in quantities to see how low seller is willing to go?

poutnik

Apr 3, 2013
I got my for £160 (+shipping) for one disk.

Even though I could find use for more, my wallet would object strongly.

Jiri

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
What is the firmware on these HP-branded disks? How does it compare to stock firmware and Dell- or EMC-branded firmware?

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
What is the firmware on these HP-branded disks? How does it compare to stock firmware and Dell- or EMC-branded firmware?
As far as I am aware and I am very very far from an authority on the subject essentially HPE much like EMC and Dell or Lenovo firmware has the following ‘features’;
- only specific firmware levels are available (some fixes won’t be implement if not relevant to the vendor)
- firmware is locked to vendor so only updates to the vendor firmware is possible (and usually needed the vendor specific hardware)
- altered performance profiles (ie the thermal of power headroom is boosted based on the cooling profile of the server)
- some features maybe disabled. But I am afraid I don’t have any kind of list, certainly devsleep and similar if server SSD is not available