Problem with flashing my M1505

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

webuser1200

Oct 6, 2013
I bought two M1505 cards on ebay. In particular (LSI SAS9220-8i). I read all the instructions on how to flash the cards. The first mistake I made was insert the pci express card in a regular pci slot. I could smell something burning and my motherboard would not boot. I thought the card was dead. However when I put it in a regular pci-express the lsi boot menu and configuration comes up. I then tried to run megarec (according to instructions on how to convert the card to IT mode with no boot optoin), but after each command the motherboard just reboots.

So the flashing is not working? Are the cards dead? What cards can I buy where the flashing will work for sure or even better, can I buy the cards which are already flashed.

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
How did you manage to do that, bit like round peg square hole ;)

If there was smoke then something is fried, usually resistors and capacitors go first, but PCIe in PCI anything could be crispy
There is a chance you have fried something on the Mobo and the M1015 is fine
Normally Megarec would report an error if there was something wrong with the SAS2008

Good luck you have some testing to do to see what still works, hard to diagnose whats broken.

Try the M1015 in a different Mobo.

webuser1200

Oct 6, 2013
How did you manage to do that, bit like round peg square hole
That's what I was wondering how they could design something where the pci express could go in other slots (especially if there was a chance for the other slots to get damaged. It just went in. So maybe it was just a pci slot?