Intel S3520 1.6TB $200 NEW

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

james23

Nov 18, 2014
personally i would say kind of (not so much tho). as we had a good deal post of 1.6tb intel NVMe drive @ 200$ a few weeks ago (that is a good deal!)

at same time, i posted HGST sas3 SSDs at 480gb for ~65-70$ a few weeks ago and STH bought ~150x in about 36h (those are much faster sata/sas ssds than these intels though). all that said, if you need SSD + capacity, this deal you posted is something to consider though.

tks for post

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
personally i would say kind of (not so much tho). as we had a good deal post of 1.6tb intel NVMe drive @ 200$ a few weeks ago (that is a good deal!)

at same time, i posted HGST sas3 SSDs at 480gb for ~65-70$ a few weeks ago and STH bought ~150x in about 36h (those are much faster sata/sas ssds than these intels though). all that said, if you need SSD + capacity, this deal you posted is something to consider though.

tks for post
I'm partial to Sata drives personally as NVME eats up too many lanes (or, depending how you look at, motherboards come with too fw lanes).

These also, I think, have almost 3PB write endurance. The per TB price is cheaper than 480GB @ $65 as well.

I kinda wish I had enough spare for about 6 of these to throw in my zfs server, but ah well...hopefully someone else can get a few :)

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Ok deal... I like sata for low power if storing bulk data and it’s cheap and easy to raid them while using NVMe for performance data.
Cables are more or less free for sata and sometimes that’s extra expense with NVMe still depend on ports in use if not an AOC format.

I do like intel drives a lot. 1.6tb for bulk storage is starting to look small though....

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
What gets me about this particular listing is the warranty statement at the end about it being only 1yr warranty through them. Being an oem drive, it probably won't have a warranty directly with HP/Intel, so isn't the warranty really only 1yr?

Plus when I searched this model number to learn about it, I ran across a shipper in the newegg marketplace directly importing these from overseas which is usually a red-flag for me for possibly shady or fake. God knows there's a lot of fake products out there, especially Intel!

HVAD

Apr 27, 2016
I still prefer S3610 to S3520 - much higher endurance for pretty the same price (new 1.6TB S3610 is ~$220 now on eBay).