Memorial Day Sales - P3605, 3TB, 4TB, S9300, etc.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Snorf

Nov 12, 2018
BC, Canada
Yes. Go as far as you can without paying and it should be right when you get there. At least it was for me with express pay paypal. I haven't received any shipping info yet though. I hope he hasn't closed up and headed to Cuba!

Snorf

Chris Faber

Feb 13, 2019
Yes. Go as far as you can without paying and it should be right when you get there. At least it was for me with express pay paypal. I haven't received any shipping info yet though. I hope he hasn't closed up and headed to Cuba!

Snorf
Will admit a little slow to ship. Mine took about a week from CA to VA.

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
Has anyone received anything from this seller yet, outside of Chris?

gimpyb

May 27, 2019
@tjk I have, also many people did on /r/jdm_waat. They reached out to the discord over there and offered exclusive deals a few weeks ago. Plus the parent company seems to be some kind of decomissioner Convergence CA:
According to their website:
Convergence Asset Recovery provides our customers disposition solutions for their excess and obsolete inventory while eliminating channel conflict and improving both P&L and Balance Sheet.
So basically bitdeals.tech is their outlet for stuff they have acquired.

Reactions: Chris Faber

techtoys

Feb 25, 2016
@tjk I have bought from them previously on ebay. I mentioned earlier that I have met the principal in person.
I bought 10x 6TB drives and picked them up locally. I have installed the drives but not formatted them yet.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I wouldn’t mind a few of the 1.6tb units if still available but I am sure will come up again soon

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
I'm starting to believe this is a big scam...I hope I am wrong, but...

I placed an order for a lot of 4tb hdd's on ebay, marked shipped and never sent tracking info or the actual package. I then placed an order for $3500 bucks direct for more hdd's and some nvme drives. Michael reached out and said "oh sorry, we didn't ship your ebay order yet, I'll ship them all at once."

He marked everything shipped Monday, but hasn't given the packages to FedEx yet.

Thank god I used Amex for one order and eBay for the other, at least I'll be protected if this does turn out to be a scam. Maybe they are just so busy and disorganized, we'll see.

Reactions: i6feetunder

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
I'm starting to believe this is a big scam...I hope I am wrong, but...

I placed an order for a lot of 4tb hdd's on ebay, marked shipped and never sent tracking info or the actual package. I then placed an order for $3500 bucks direct for more hdd's and some nvme drives. Michael reached out and said "oh sorry, we didn't ship your ebay order yet, I'll ship them all at once."

He marked everything shipped Monday, but hasn't given the packages to FedEx yet.

Thank god I used Amex for one order and eBay for the other, at least I'll be protected if this does turn out to be a scam. Maybe they are just so busy and disorganized, we'll see.
i hope just a delay due to holiday weekend. it will be really bad to the community if this is a scam.

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
Michael reached out to me, they are super busy and behind, I understand...I'll feel better once I have gear in hand obviously.

techtoys

Feb 25, 2016
Michael reached out to me, they are super busy and behind, I understand...I'll feel better once I have gear in hand obviously.
He is just busy. I'll be meeting him tomorrow to pick up my drives.
He is for real. I have seen him and received drives from him.

Last edited:

Chris Faber

Feb 13, 2019
I echo @techtoys in that he and his products are legit. My drives took about a week from CA to VA but did arrive as advertised and packaged properly (e.g. static bags, bubble wrap, etc). I have no skin in the game minus the fact he shipped me 100% healthy drives even though I paid the lower price. He mentioned that most of the 1.6’s he shipped to members were 99% to receive favorable feedback. My name is on the line and I don’t take that lightly. If I had any suspicion of a scam I would have posted a buyer warning not a recommendation.

Reactions: ewer0012

techtoys

Feb 25, 2016
I met with Michael a couple hours ago and picked up 8 drives. We live reasonably close by. He runs a small family business and the STH effect has him swamped. I'm not surprised. The economy is good and the drop in memory, storage and flash will bring in more demand.

Be patient. All will be well.
I do have several 6TB drives I purchased from him in April. I can post a report from HD Sentinel but most of them were about 4 days power on.

These are the 4TB drives and I hope to plug them in this weekend.
I swapped the backplane in the CS836 and booted the X9DRD-LN4F I posted in another thread. I need to update the bios(es) and then get to the drives.

I'm generally not in a hurry since this is a home server build.

Cutha

Sep 24, 2016
Canada
I received my 1.6TB drives yesterday and they were in good physical condition. I'll fire them up this weekend to check their health but I don't have any concerns at this point.

On another unfortunate turn of events, I made an offer of $45/ea CAD for 10x Intel DC P3600 400GB that was accepted this morning (different vendor). I hope the adapter cards I ordered off of eBay to mount the drives directly in the PCIe slots are half height...

My bank account hates this forum.