FS: IBM G8124 (24x10Gb SFP+) Switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I have two top of the rack switches for sale and some FDR Intel mezz cards. The switches are on the latest release of IBM code as of a few months ago and the two mezz cards were used for 2 months and purchased brand new. Listed below are a brief description and what's included.

Payment: Zelle or Paypal but would rather avoid the fees if possible.
Shipping: Anywhere in the CONUS

3 x AXX2FDRIBIOM - Dual Port FDR 56Gbps Connect-X3 mezzanine cards - $125

IBM G8000 - SOLD

IBM G8124 - $200
Layer 2/3
24 x 10Gb SFP+
Dual PSU
4 Post Rack Kit

IBM Console Cable Kit (works on either switch) - $+20 on top of switch price.
I'll sell the console cable separately only if the buyers of the two switches do not need /want it.

Fibrestore IBM compatible Transceivers - $10 each if you purchase the IBM G8124. I believe all of these except for maybe 2 are brand new.

IBM_2.jpg Modified.Small.jpg

*INTEL 2U SOLD*

Up for sale is my 2U 4Node server that really packs a punch for compute and has connectivity options you just can't get in other systems like it. The PCI 3.0 slot and mezzanine options are the backbone of moving data in or out depending on what you chose to install. The server has no physical or electrical damage and is in 100% working order!

I've been a member of STH since March 1st 2015 and have bought and sold items here on the forums and have been on eBay since 2009 HERE.

I'm asking $800 and that includes shipping to the CONUS in the original box and inserts. Paypal is preferred. If you live elsewhere I can obtain an estimate but this thing weighs a ton.

Server specifications and documentation

Chasiss Overview
H2312WPJR, 2U, 3.5 drive bays, 12 drive slots, 2x 1200W redundant PSU, with 4 x S2600WP nodes

Node Overview
Intel ARK and Node support page
Dual CPU and E5-2600 v2 family support.

front.jpg top.jpg chassis and nodes.jpgback.jpg

Items included:

The chassis of course, all nodes, a full set of rails, all drive trays, a brand new 2U front bezel with lock, and 2 PSUs that were recently replaced with brand NEW (not used) parts.

The following is a breakdown of the 4 nodes and how they're configured.

All Nodes contain
AXXRMM4LITE - Intel RMM4 which supports ISO and advanced remote management.
AXXRMM4IOMW - Intel rIOM riser board that holds the RMM NIC and provides the platform for mezzanine cards.
AXX10GBNIAIOM - Intel Dual Port 10GbE IO module

Nodes 1 & 2
2 x E5-2670 v1 CPUs and 64GB DDR3 (4 CPUs total & 128GB RAM)

Nodes 3 & 4
1 x E5-2670 v1 CPU and 32GB DDR3 (2 CPUs total & 64GB RAM)

Hardware options that are NOT included but can be substituted for the 10Gbps mezzanine cards for an additional fee (TBD).

If you have any questions or want to maybe chose options to include / replace let me know.

Last edited:

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I've never measured it to be honest but the SC846 and the InfiniBand switch in my rack are louder than this server. It doesn't ramp like my old Dell C6100 or my 1U SR1680MV either.