Canada [WTB] 3x Sandy/Ivy 1U servers (or a 2U quad)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

djbon2112

Nov 24, 2013
Burlington, ON, CANADA
www.boniface.me
Hey all, I'm in the market for 3x 1U or a quad 2U blade server(s), in the Sandy/Ivy Bridge era with DDR3. So HP G8's, Supermicro X9's, Cisco M3's, etc. I'd prefer one of those 3 brands over Dell/others, just because I know them, but really any manufacturer with sensible modern IPMI would work for me [C6100: never again].

I'm local to Southern Ontario (Hamilton) and local-ish pickup would be ideal to avoid shipping costs, but wouldn't pass up a good (shipped) deal. Total budget is about $1000-1200 CAD (~$750-900 USD), but am a bit flexible depending on what's around. I'd prefer to buy all 3 at the same time, but if a particular model has a couple people selling I'm willing to buy separately - my goal is 3 identical machines (or the single 2U quad).

Thanks for looking!

mister_dj

Feb 23, 2017
Hey all, I'm in the market for 3x 1U or a quad 2U blade server(s), in the Sandy/Ivy Bridge era with DDR3. So HP G8's, Supermicro X9's, Cisco M3's, etc. I'd prefer one of those 3 brands over Dell/others, just because I know them, but really any manufacturer with sensible modern IPMI would work for me [C6100: never again].

I'm local to Southern Ontario (Hamilton) and local-ish pickup would be ideal to avoid shipping costs, but wouldn't pass up a good (shipped) deal. Total budget is about $1000-1200 CAD (~$750-900 USD), but am a bit flexible depending on what's around. I'd prefer to buy all 3 at the same time, but if a particular model has a couple people selling I'm willing to buy separately - my goal is 3 identical machines (or the single 2U quad).

Thanks for looking!
I have two or three 2U two node Supermicro servers. I have 1-2 X9's and an X8 (the X8 can be upgraded to X9 for cheap though, the chassis are compatible).

I'm in USA/MN so shipping may be a bit and idk about customs but I'd be willing to ship. I am looking for ~$200 USD + shipping for the X8 chassis and could do $400+shipping for the X9 chassis. I have 1 3.5" (LFF) chassis and 1-2 SFF (2.5") chassis. Some rails too.

PM me or post here for more details. Paypal only

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
Look for EMC Avamar Gen 4s boxes, 1u, 8x2.5"+DVD, intel S2600GL OEM units. Will run V1/V2. The EMC avamar storage nodes are the same in 2u, 12x3.5" +2x2.5" internal configuration.

djbon2112

Nov 24, 2013
Burlington, ON, CANADA
www.boniface.me
I have two or three 2U two node Supermicro servers. I have 1-2 X9's and an X8 (the X8 can be upgraded to X9 for cheap though, the chassis are compatible).

I'm in USA/MN so shipping may be a bit and idk about customs but I'd be willing to ship. I am looking for ~$200 USD + shipping for the X8 chassis and could do $400+shipping for the X9 chassis. I have 1 3.5" (LFF) chassis and 1-2 SFF (2.5") chassis. Some rails too.

PM me or post here for more details. Paypal only
What are the specs of each individual node? I'd only be interested in the X9 (got plenty of X8-era stuff).

mister_dj

Feb 23, 2017
I actually am keeping the chassis that have X9 nodes, sorry. I only have the chassis themselves (and the metal sleds for nodes) left.