Kon-Boot failed resetting my password

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

moderikk

Jul 16, 2018
Forgot login password of Win 10 PC and I was advertised by my friend to install Kon-Boot to sort it out. It says the password was reset but the computer still asks me for password in next bootup.

Anyone know how to fix this?

iapner

Jul 17, 2018
Like the Ophcrack ,Kon-Boot doesn't support resetting Win 10 password .
You need to try other methods or make a bootable disk for your Win 10 computer .

moderikk

Jul 16, 2018
The official website says it supports Windows 10. I don't know what is the problem is. Would you please suggest more details? @iapner

iapner

Jul 17, 2018
I don't know their website will say they support Windows 10, maybe they are free software, and they won't take any responsibility if the work fails, but I have tested it on my computer before, you'd better create a bootable disk with USB , it can be used to boot your locked computer and reset the old password .You can read this guide if you don't know what to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: moderikk and Tha_14

moderikk

Jul 16, 2018
I don't know their website will say they support Windows 10, maybe they are free software, and they won't take any responsibility if the work fails, but I have tested it on my computer before, you'd better create a bootable disk with USB , it can be used to boot your locked computer and reset the old password .
Thanks for the update

zzeasy

Aug 1, 2018
I don't know their website will say they support Windows 10, maybe they are free software, and they won't take any responsibility if the work fails, but I have tested it on my computer before, you'd better create a bootable disk with USB , it can be used to boot your locked computer and reset the old password .You can read this guide if you don't know what to do.
That doesn't mean free tools are necessarily effective ,Microsoft is always updating or improving its products, perhaps because they haven't followed Microsoft's lead .
As long as you can do what it says, The steps in this tutorial are simple, and you can see them .

Last edited:

linodavis

Apr 15, 2019
Safe mode is an easy and convenient way if you don't have to reset the disk. I have used it and it works. With just 4 steps, you can reset Windows 10 passwords without a disk. In addition, after putting this issue on Google, I also found methods such as Security Questions, Built-in Administrator Account, and so on.