(Sold) Intel DC p3605 1.6TB PCIe SSD ~ $160/BO Auto Accepted

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

arglebargle

H̸̖̅ȩ̸̐l̷̦͋l̴̰̈ỏ̶̱ ̸̢͋W̵͖̌ò̴͚r̴͇̀l̵̼͗d̷͕̈
Jul 15, 2018
Argle, if you're ever in Northern Virginia, hit me up. I owe you a beer! That worked beautifully. Thank you
I love it when this actually works! I remember looking this up when it bit me before and while smbus/i2c is included in the pcie spec it's optional and not really implemented in any industry standard way, so you end up with different vendors trying to do different things at boot using it and things sometimes go sideways. I'm glad it worked for you!

ewer0012

Feb 10, 2019
Running diagnostics/reading SMART data, it looks like the card I'm using in my primary box has 100% endurance, 100% health, and has 69 days of Power On Hours. This was a really good deal. Thanks again, Argle.

Reactions: arglebargle

kcy19971984

Jan 28, 2019
Running diagnostics/reading SMART data, it looks like the card I'm using in my primary box has 100% endurance, 100% health, and has 69 days of Power On Hours. This was a really good deal. Thanks again, Argle.
Is the RA13 of the firmware?

ewer0012

Feb 10, 2019
Is the RA13 of the firmware?
Haven't gotten that far, yet. The Intel Toolbox was being weird and not letting me view the card details last night.

I did have an issue where my rig rebooted at 2:30am today, and then again around 5:30am. The first reboot it came back up to Windows, but then the second reboot it hung and was unresponsive. I checked the logs and the only errors I'm seeing is the unexpected reboot error. I'm wondering if the tape I used (regular scotch tape for troubleshooting) to cover the pins might have moved when I installed the card. I'll replace it with some label tape to make sure it's not that.

I'll troubleshoot a bit more tonight and post the firmware level.

yukaia

Aug 8, 2017
Got mine today, dropped in my esxi box and it recognized it just fine. Haven't gotten around to checking the health stats/firmware version yet though.

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
Just wanted to chime in about these cards, I bought 4 of them and just started testing them this weekend. I've done 2 so far out of which 1 keeps failing oddly. The Intel SSD Toolbox would lose connectivity to it when running the full diagnostic scan. I'm not sure why thats happening. The smart scan from Hard disk Sentinel seems to work fine.
Testing card 3 now, I hope its a one off issue.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Just wanted to chime in about these cards, I bought 4 of them and just started testing them this weekend. I've done 2 so far out of which 1 keeps failing oddly. The Intel SSD Toolbox would lose connectivity to it when running the full diagnostic scan. I'm not sure why thats happening. The smart scan from Hard disk Sentinel seems to work fine.
Testing card 3 now, I hope its a one off issue.
Not enough power to the PCIE slot while testing ?

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
Not enough power to the PCIE slot while testing ?
Its an Asus x99 board. The 1st card didnt have this problem, so far the 3rd one doesnt either so I don't think it could be a power issue. I was thinking it was maybe a heat issue, but logs so far show it hasnt gone past 55C.

They also seem to have the latest firmware (RA13).

Reactions: T_Minus

ewer0012

Feb 10, 2019
Its an Asus x99 board. The 1st card didnt have this problem, so far the 3rd one doesnt either so I don't think it could be a power issue. I was thinking it was maybe a heat issue, but logs so far show it hasnt gone past 55C.

They also seem to have the latest firmware (RA13).
55C is at the very top of their operating temperature range. Even doing a full diagnostic on mine, the temp never got above 34C.

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
55C is at the very top of their operating temperature range. Even doing a full diagnostic on mine, the temp never got above 34C.
Then something's wrong with mine. SMART data shows an highest temperature reached as 62C.
I also have 2 of these in the computer right now, I've easily had them past 43C in testing so far. I'll hookup a fan and see if I can bring that down a bit.

ewer0012

Feb 10, 2019
Then something's wrong with mine. SMART data shows an highest temperature reached as 62C.
I also have 2 of these in the computer right now, I've easily had them past 43C in testing so far. I'll hookup a fan and see if I can bring that down a bit.
Do you have any Unsafe Shutdowns in your Smart Data for the card that's been running hot?

Also, I'd CYA and send the seller a message to let them know you have one that is potentially malfunctioning. Maybe they can just do a quick exchange and you won't have to worry about it.

Reactions: arglebargle

nev_neo

Jul 31, 2013
Good point on contacting the seller, I did that but they don't have an replacements. So at this point its going to be a return.
The only unsafe shutdowns that occurred were whenever the card froze up. Unfortunately it kept ticking up for the 3 times I had to restart the system.

sand_storm

Aug 22, 2018
got almost same card as ewer0012 , 68 days power on time, 1.5TB read/0.74TB written 8DV1RA13 firmware(should I update it, or not ?)
on my old DL380G7 it shows 1718mb/sec read and 1600mb/sec write and 33C temperature after all tests